• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditions Shenandoah?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

house

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I have a Traditions Shenandoah flintlock that was made without the brass patch box or brass star on the stock. Does anyone know why there were two different kinds made and where I could get the patch box and other furniture at to add to my Shenandoah?

Hi House,

Never seen a finished one without it. Perhaps it was made from a kit? You should be able to get those directly from Traditions if you want it to match the pictures, but you can certainly get different styles of patchboxes from a number of different suppliers, Track of the Wolf being one good source.

If you are going to install a patchbox and the stock is not already inlet to do so, be aware that inletting a pierced patchbox such as come standard on the Shenandoah is a lot more work than inletting one that isn't pierced (pierced patchboxes have sections of wood "piercing" through the brass). If you're trying to pass off the rifle as something that would have been used in the Rev War, go with a standard (non-pierced) patchbox and forgo the star on the forearm of the stock. Both the pierced patchbox and the decorated forearms made their appearance in long rifles after the Rev War in the Golden Age period (1790's to about 1820).

If you're not concerned about that and just like the looks (it does look good!), then you should be able to get the original parts directly from Traditions. It may take quite a while to get them as the parts come from Europe, but I've found them to be pretty helpful in the past myself.

Twisted_1in66 :thumbsup:

They were (still are?) available without the patchbox and inlays at one time, a cheaper version. The patchbox that came on the deluxe version is not like any that existed in the real world. If it were me I would opt for a plain patchbox and go without the inlays on the forearm as the rifle has reasonably good lines and wouldn't need much embellishment.

Latest posts

Back