• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Traditions Shenandoah Rifle Kit crack (s)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jdwindsor

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently received this kit in the mail. Upon opening it I noticed there were some potential issues in theinletting/drilling from the factory (see attached images).

Am I right in thinking these could either be repaired with wood glue/ something like plastic wood?
This is my first rifle kit. Any suggestions I would find very useful.
I was told by someone that they would send it back, and ask for a refund.

0F478A72-5FFE-489D-8CBB-D5066552DABC.jpeg
B36688FE-AD23-4938-B4CA-D45FCBF36DFB.jpeg

Once you fit everything it's easy enough to fill those with some glue or piece of wood if needed. As long as there are no cracks to the exterior.

What everyone else said. I just took apart an old CVA/Traditions kentucky pistol and redid it. Plenty of stuff that looked like that inside of the pistol and it’s from the 80s. It is what it is on production stuff but doesn’t affect the strength of the stock. I will say the second pic you could make a block of wood that would fit there.

You may find that you have to do some more inletting especially in the lock area. Chances are you will need to chisel or dremel those cracks out anyway to get the lock to fit properly.

Back