• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Traditions rifle up grade

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil Coffins

69 Cal.
Reaction score
In a earlier tread I built this Traditions Kentucky for a buddy. Then lately I fitted a bridle to a Traditions lock. At that time I noticed the tumbler is made to except a fly. So it seemed like a bridle and fly would improve the rifle and allow double set triggers to be fitted. Having an old CVA set trigger in the junk drawer got the project going. The lock now has a new and improved hand made bridle and a fly has been fabricated from mild steel then case hardened. The set triggers are inlet using the original tang bolt then the trigger guard took a lot of re work to allow the set triggers to fit. A full day of mindless fun!
IMG_0406 by Oliver Sudden, on Flickr

Back