• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Traditions quality

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I really don't want to think about how much time I put into what should have been a "sandpaper and screwdriver" kit. Someone without my skills, tools and experience would probably just give up. Maybe that's why I was given the kit...…...

One thing I know for sure- no more Traditions kits!
I have built 2 Kentucky Rifle kits, one percussion, one flint. Both are good shooters. Both needed inletting and some tweaking. I would never consider them "sandpaper and screwdriver" kits.

I purchased a 45 caliber traditions flintlock kit three years ago just for the heck of it and chose the absolute least expensive one I could find. The piece was fine but the lock and trigger were not so fine. I figured this before I received the rifle . I had and old lock of unknown brand on the shelf that sparked well, Luckily it needed very little modification along with a double set trigger system. It shoots well and is carried by the young lady I built it for, as the go to squirrel rifle.

Latest posts

Back