• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditions Hawken replacement barrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gus Chiggins

36 Cl.
Reaction score
I have a Traditions Hawken(.50?) Kit that is unfinished/not assembled. Does anyone know of a .32 or .36 barrel I can drop in it?
I found a couple threads in my search asking this question, with no definitive answer. Pecatonica(sp?) has Hawken stocks they inlet, and incidentally, also sell colerain and GM barrels in .32/36. Is this something I could do myself, or possibly send them my hawken stock to inlet for the new barrel? I plan on calling them on Monday, but any info is appreciated. Thanks!

I am looking for a replacement barrel for the same firearm. Did you find a barrel for yours? If you did I will buy the original barrel from you if you still have it.
I managed to damage mine in a stupid attempt to pull the breach plug......I was new to muzzleloading at the time and was not aware the breach plug was sealed in place and not removable on the Traditions firearms. This rifle has been sitting in the safe and others purchased but it would be nice to get this one back in action.

Makensmoke,
You could cut the breech off your barrel, re breech it for a standard plug, and set the barrel back. Probably cost a lot less than a new barrel.

No direct drop ins smaller than a .45. Your option would be to get a smaller caliber barrel and breech it yourself.

I am not set up to thread the barrel for a new plug. I would need to send it out.
I have looked at CVA, Investarms as well as a few others but nothing that seems to be a drop in.
I may just get a Traditions .50 Kit and do a whole new firearm.

I will be looking into how much the breach treading kit would cost me.

Thank you all for the suggestions!!

If you could find a cheap used barrel, maybe with a bad bore, you might consider having a liner put in to get the caliber you want. I have a Cabelas rifle with 50/58 barrels. I like that and even considered having another barrel done up for it.

Back