• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Traditions Fox River Fifty

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thekingd93

36 Cl.
Reaction score
I found a used Traditions Fox River .50 cal percussion muzzleloader, single trigger 1:48 twist barrel. Very short small little rifle but looked practically unfired. Rifling was nice and sharp no pitting. Perfect little gun for my girlfriend she's small figured and my full size Thompson Center Hawken with 32 inch green mountain barrel is far to heavy for her to any comfortable/accurate degree. The shop wanted $100 so I offered $90 and it came home with me. The sights have limited adjustability only can drift them for windage but other than that this little rifle seems to be not bad. It's a far cry from my Thompson Center rifles but for the money I'm sure it shoots fine 25-50 yards. The barrel from my Traditions trapper also fits nicely on the stock other than the fore grip sticking out past the barrel. I could cut the stock down and have a shoulder mounted pistol or short barrel rifle once the barrel it came with is shot out later down the road. I called Traditions and customer service said they stopped making these back in the late 90s.

Attachments

• 20220726_142203.jpg
    20220726_142203.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 20220726_142404.jpg
    20220726_142404.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 0
I found a used Traditions Fox River .50 cal percussion muzzleloader, single trigger 1:48 twist barrel. Very short small little rifle but looked practically unfired. Rifling was nice and sharp no pitting. Perfect little gun for my girlfriend she's small figured and my full size Thompson Center Hawken with 32 inch green mountain barrel is far to heavy for her to any comfortable/accurate degree. The shop wanted $100 so I offered $90 and it came home with me. The sights have limited adjustability only can drift them for windage but other than that this little rifle seems to be not bad. It's a far cry from my Thompson Center rifles but for the money I'm sure it shoots fine 25-50 yards. The barrel from my Traditions trapper also fits nicely on the stock other than the fore grip sticking out past the barrel. I could cut the stock down and have a shoulder mounted pistol or short barrel rifle once the barrel it came with is shot out later down the road. I called Traditions and customer service said they stopped making these back in the late 90s.
I bought one of the Fox River 50s at a local auction a few weeks ago. I’ve shot it a few times and really like it. I wouldn’t cut it down leave it as is. Great little carbine muzzleloader for hunting . Mine came with adjustable rear sight which I really like. Keep me posted on how it works out for you. FBC

Attachments

• 7819BD96-7B3F-4B43-80AA-D43CF2674611.jpeg
    7819BD96-7B3F-4B43-80AA-D43CF2674611.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
I bought one of the Fox River 50s at a local auction a few weeks ago. I’ve shot it a few times and really like it. I wouldn’t cut it down leave it as is. Great little carbine muzzleloader for hunting . Mine came with adjustable rear sight which I really like. Keep me posted on how it works out for you. FBC
We took it to the range and my girlfriend shoots it quite well at 25 yards. I have 2 pound of pyrodex that I never use so I gave her that and put together a shooting box with accounterments. I was shooting my new green mountain barrel on my Thompson Center at the some time getting her familiarized with shooting the fox river rifle.

I have a fox river fifty and I never realized how small it really was until I started really getting into bp and bought obtained a couple long rifles. Mine won't shoot a ball for nothing but it loves Conicals. Too bad it hits me al.ost as hard as the deer lol

I am still looking for one, had one as a kid but my father sold them and I’ve been searching everywhere for one now

Looking for parts for Fox River 50. The trigger guard is made of pewter and during one of my military moves it arrived broken. Parts for the trigger were also affected and now I can't shoot the thing. I am really in need of the trigger assembly plus guard. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Latest posts

Back