• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Traditions Deer Hunter 50 Cal.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All, I just picked up a Traditions Deer hunter on a Canadian Gun swap site for the equivalent of $180 US dollars. It's in the mail but the pics from the owner show that it seems to be pretty decent shape. I bought it for a Christmas gift for this year for my SIL to cut his teeth in Muzzleloading. He is a cabinet maker by trade so will likely do some clean up and refinishing. He has hopes to build a flintlock down the road and would like to scratch build the stock himself. This should be a good start to keep him busy over the long cold Alberta winter here.

Hi All, I just picked up a Traditions Deer hunter on a Canadian Gun swap site for the equivalent of $180 US dollars. It's in the mail but the pics from the owner show that it seems to be pretty decent shape. I bought it for a Christmas gift for this year for my SIL to cut his teeth in Muzzleloading. He is a cabinet maker by trade so will likely do some clean up and refinishing. He has hopes to build a flintlock down the road and would like to scratch build the stock himself. This should be a good start to keep him busy over the long cold Alberta winter here.
I suspect I got the TC from the same ad. Well done sir!
Walk

I had that rifle in a combo with a .32 barrel. Loooong time ago sold like 20yrs ago. Was accurate but a plain Jane, SIL will make that 250 gun look like $1K in no time! Envy cabinet builders.

I owned, shot and hunted with a DeerHunter .50 for 20 years and wouldn't hesitate using another one. Dang fine little rifle.

Back