• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Traditions Crockett Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys....havn't posted in ages but I figured I would pass along some info if anyone is interested.
After looking long and hard I was able to order a Traditions Crockett 32 caliber rifle at The Kittery Trading Post. Found them while surfing the net and they have one left as of about 4:00 clock Texas time. It is the complete rifle...not the kit. I can't hardly wait till it comes in! Merry Christmas to everyone :grin:

I got one last year. Your're going to have a blast with it. Its way more accurate than I am. Cheap to shoot too!

I have one. Good squirrel rifle. Double set trigger - and the gun looks good!

The Crockett is a great little rifle. I owned one for about 14 years and collected squirrels with it. They are incredibly accurate and usually capable of sub 1" groups at 50 yards. The only reason i finally sold mine was to get a .32 in flint.

These little .32 caliber rifles are great little fun guns to shoot. If you cut your own patches and cast your balls, they cost almost nothing to shoot. With a 10gr charge, you get about 700 shots to a pound of black powder and about 140 balls to a pound of lead. I have a custom .32 flint that I built in the 1980s and I was given a Traditions Crockett .32 as a retirement gift. Either rifle is capable of head shots on squirrels at 25 yards.

I would like a flint as well to match my LGP flinter but budgetary restraints made me go this route for now. What actually sold me on this particular rifle was a positive post you had made on one of these forums about the rifle. Thanks :thumbsup:

Tinstar, I have the exact same rifle and you have chosen well. More accurate than I am capable of, mine shoots clover leafs at 25 yards, with 20 grains of 3fg. I want to try less powder but it is just too cold in Northern Indiana in January. Keep yer powder dry..........robin :hmm:

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't think of one downside to the Crockett. I treasured mine for many, many years. They are just so dang much fun!

The Crockett .32 is a fun rifle to shoot and it makes a good gun for hunting small game.

It doesn't take much powder to get velocities above 1600 fps and velocities like that can really blow up whatever it hits so keep the powder loads small.

The only thing I have heard of that leaves more than a little bit to be desired is, there was a time when the breech plugs were not fully seated against the rear of the bore.

This left a gap at the bottom of the bore and this gap could, and often did, grab cleaning patches making the patch and jag difficult to remove.

I think the company who makes the gun (Ardesa, Spain) has fixed this problem as I haven't heard of any complaints recently.

Yep there sure are fun to shoot, they must have got that iron out can run patch down barrel on mine slick as baby bottom. I don't use set trigger while hunting but used it time or two punching paper and ever so often I get light strikes on cap causing miss fire prob see L&R replacement in future. But me an my little dog have a lot fun with this little gun

Why do .32s fetch such a premium.. I looked around for a while they usually want over 500 for a used one.. nice purchase btw someday i will get mine. Just look at kittery trading post 439 bucks.. looks like i need to get some overtime in.. Thanks for the heads up.

Front double set trigger spring
When you take your set trigger assembly out to
clean. Could you post if it has a straight L
shaped spring or bent. I lost mine somehow and
I ordered another but can't figure out how to
install. Nothing seems to work. While watching
a vid on how to build a Crockett from a kit I
note the assembly has a spring that is not
straight but has bends in it.

Raedwald said:
I see ffffg suggested for use un .31 revolvers. Has anyone any experience if using ffffg in a .32 rifle?

Never tried it but should be fine in crocket or CVA squirrel guns with thick barrels. HOWEVER....when 3f at only 10 grains will produce gruesome 22mag type head shots why bother?

Latest posts

Back