• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditions Crockett or other 32 cal gun?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Walker357 - Are you shooting a PRB ? I tryed ball ets they didn't shoot very good. I have been told that you put the ball in the palm of your hand and pour powder til it covers the ball and that is the charge you should use. That is going to start something.. Rocky

Why should that start something? That seems to be the perfect, most accurate way to measure powder and get true consistency.
When loading for deer and bear be sure and lay your palm out as flat as possible thereby getting more powder in the pile.
When loading for squirrel and rabbits just cup your palm for the lighter load.
grin.gif

Yes, PRB. My best groups were 1 1/4" at thirty yards with 35gr of 3f. Was using a .310 ball and Ox yoke prelubed patches.

quote:Originally posted by Walker357:
Yes, PRB. My best groups were 1 1/4" at thirty yards with 35gr of 3f. Was using a .310 ball and Ox yoke prelubed patches. I use to have a T/C Cherokee in .32 caliber, I regret selling it to no end...
frown.gif

My .32 likes 25 grains of FFFFg better than 25 grains of FFFg, with 4F I got cloverleaf patterens at 35 yards...

I used a home cast .310 roundball with a .012 patch and #13 patch lube and a standard CCI #11 percussion cap...

Maybe you could try a few groups using FFFFg, just to see what it'll do...

Back