• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditions Crocket rifle in iron

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's interesting. The Traditions Crocket isn't all that far off from the Vincent, but like you mentioned the rifle Davey Crocket owned was a full stock flinter. My how things get turned around over time with tale tells. I bet in the end he wished he would have kept his rifle instead of buying a horse to go courting. Thanks for the information and pointing me in the right direction.
You're welcome! The name Vincent doesn't sell guns, but Crockett does!

An inexperienced newbie might actually believe it's a copy of Davey Crockett's rifle. 😁

Walt

You're welcome! The name Vincent doesn't sell guns, but Crockett does! 😁

An inexperienced newbie might actually believe it's a copy of Crockett's rifle.

Walt
I imagine a lot of rifles were sold for that very reason. I have had a love affair with rifles for the better part of my life and know all too well how manufacturers use marketing schemes to sell products while riding the coattails of the famous. Although I would love to have a gun cabinet full of originals or even historically accurate replacements I would fear they wouldn't get much use and would end up being no more than what-nots to admire. I suppose I'm more of a collector for use than for investment or just admiration. Nothing against folks that do collect for those reasons, but I know if I owned an original it would grieve me not being able to put it to good use.

Excellent story, sounds like a great day. It amazing how much your mountain picture looks like our terrain here in Vermont. Congratulations, looks like fine eating deer.
9B65D76D-552D-4803-A22B-C908C70DBA5D.jpeg

Birchwood Casey’s Brass Black solution might be worth a look. I plan to do at least one of my brass furnished hawkens this way.

Latest posts

Back