• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Traditions Classic Musket line

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm disappointed....no flintlocks, only civil war pieces.... :(

If Traditions really wanted to make some money they should offer a replacement full stock (without the brass joint) for the Kentucky rifles.

I bet they would sell a lot of those.

Pictures look nice. I carried around a Springfield .58 for many years as a reenacter. Those Minnie balls are quite a hunk of lead. Accurate as all get out

Boy!

$1175 for a Zouave???

Makes me wonder what my old 1970's Zouave would bring on todays market.

Yes, it has been shot a few times but $1175 for a new, probably, non-Pedersoli rifled musket? :confused: :shake:

Yeah, got my first Zoave, a navy arms for less then 200 I think it was 180. Of corse gas was .33 I was in tall cotton making five dollars an hour as a worm on an oil rig or labor on a construction project it was a 1.75 in winter when the good jobs were down and I was stocking stores.
My second one was a pedi paid about 600 sold it for 500 some years later.

I sold one last year after putting it out at more than ten gun shows; could only get $265 for it, and it was in very good condition.
Every time I thought I had an interested buyer at $300+ the conversation would end with the prospect saying, "I remember when I bought mine new for $...(fill in what ever amount under 100 that you want)

My Zouave was from Navy Arms in the late 1960s. IIRC it was something around $70 or so. My, how times have changed.

Zonie said:
Boy!

$1175 for a Zouave???

Makes me wonder what my old 1970's Zouave would bring on todays market.

Yes, it has been shot a few times but $1175 for a new, probably, non-Pedersoli rifled musket? :confused: :shake:

I think I gave $175 for a new Zouave back in the 70s. I sold it to a fellow Civil War re-enactor friend of mine, who wanted to just shoot it as a hunter. Very nice rifle. Bought this 3-band 1853 Enfield with the money and still shoot it. $1,175 for a Zouave is way out of line, to me anyway.
And, I believe it was a Navy Arms Zouave with a bayonet lug for a sword bayonet, if memory serves. :td:

zjj9lg.jpg
[/img]

I recently paid $200 for a Zouave by Zoli and boy - she’s a shooter w/ a minie 1-thou over the bore size! Had to play w/ the powdah charge a bit, but had a No-So skirmish guy helping me and he said “they all (shooters) do that”.

I was looking at one of these this fall...they are made by Chiappa de Armi Sport. Street price around here was $825 for the 3 band p53 Enfield.

Back