• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Traditions 50 cal. Mountain Carbine, 20" barrel, comes with 209 primer conversion kit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Traditions 50 cal. muzzle loader, Mountain Carbine. Original percussion converted to 209 primer ignition with a "Mag-Spark" conversion kit. Easily converts back with original nipple. It gives you reliable ignition even in damp wet weather. Can use lead round ball or modern sabot bullet. Has a 20" part round part octagon barrel with target adjustable rear sight and orange bead front sight, beautiful Laminated stock with rubber but pad. Has aluminum loading rod and sling swivel studs (attach your own sling). Great handy and lightweight little carbine, this one was made to hunt. Great for Muzzle loading season.

Price: $225.00 Shipping about $30 via USPS continental states.
Terms: Payment by USPS USPS money order, certified bank check, personal check (funds have to clear first). Proof of age 18 or over.

Attachments

• IMG_7347.JPG
    IMG_7347.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_7335.JPG
    IMG_7335.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_7325.JPG
    IMG_7325.JPG
    161.7 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_7344.JPG
    IMG_7344.JPG
    160.4 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_7348.JPG
    IMG_7348.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 114
Very early model. Don't know what the rate of twist on it is. Was not sure what was meant by "Traditional" in posting it, whether it was Muzzle loading vs breech loading with modern features. I figure it was still a muzzloader and has to be loaded the traditional way, but it has a few modern features. I'm a newbie and more of a black powder hunter, but also starting to get into the Old school / Traditional muzzle loaders so was not sure where else to put the post.

I will check it out and get back to you later tonight. (Getting ready to head out to dinner) If it does not, maybe I can use a light and scale and try to get an idea. But I think it should be on the barrel like you said. I have seen it on some of my other Muzzle loaders which are TC Hawkens rifles. I see your in N.C. eastern time like me. I should be able to get back about 9pm tonight. Thanks,
Wayne

This was their answer to the T/C White Mountain Carbine so I’m pretty sure it’s fast twist. 1 : 32 likely.

I have one to put a musket nipple on it shoots real well with sabots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back