• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditional Hunts

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's even more confusing to them when you hunt with a side lock during the regular rifle season šŸ˜³ I'll be doing that again this year.

Yes, I do that a lot. I don't even try for solitude when i'm hunting rifle seasons with a muzzy. It's hopeless.

In IL there is a ML season, but it is after the gun seasons and it is any kind of muzzleloader. Of course there is no "rifle" season in IL so I use my various muzzleloaders throughout any firearm season, only other option is shotgun in IL. I switch back and forth between in-line and traditional ML's, depending on the kind of terrain I'm hunting that day. I wish we had an early muzzleloader season here instead of having one after the 2 shotgun seasons. I could care less if it was traditional or not, I would just like to have one that is early, like mid October.

Kansas has a muzzleloader only season for deer in the middle of September. Unfortunately for us traditionalist they allow anything that loads from the front to be used. Also, the middle of September is often very hot with daytime temperatures in the upper 80s and beyond. Deer often are in unpicked cornfields and crops or along the edges. There are many public hunting areas where I live but deer are hard to find there at that time of the year. Even fresh tracks can be hard to find at times. I would suggest if making the journey to find a farmer/rancher who will allow you to hunt before coming or maybe engage one of the many guide type services. Big whitetails have become big business here.

Back