• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Traded for rusty flintlock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pa woods roamer

40 Cal.
Reaction score
My oldest Son showed up today with a n older Cabela`s Hawken Flintlock. Or, should I say parts for one. He traded a Harbor Freight , $89.00 on sale, Generator for it. The Guy said it was loaded and the Barrel showed signs of a rust bucket. Turned out it wasn`t loaded and after scrubbing the Dickens out of it with Ed`s Red, it was nice and smooth. No Tang screw and rear sights, We Black taped the Tang in place loaded it up with 50grs. of 2F and a .54 patched ball and by dang if it didn`t go off perfectly 5 times in a row !! I think He done good!!! Just by using the front sight smoothbore style it grouped well at 20 yds.

Good for your boy. Sounds like the flintlock bug may have just bitten him.

Back