• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Track to puzzle over

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Google says the saber toothed cats had fully retractable claws like modern cats. I’m no anthropologist so I don’t know if that’s correct or not. I saw on the news today that the drought in Texas has revealed some dino tracks that they didn’t know about. Pretty cool stuff.

The only critter that comes to mind is that ancient descendant of one of the above mentioned "chalupas". :cool:
I do know that this claw belongs to a velociraptor.

Chupacabra
only three toes forward on the legendary Chupacabra.

330px-Chupacabra_(artist's_rendition).jpg

For comparison, here is the biggest wolf track I have found in interior alaska. This was an interesting track way. And this was close to town, not in the bush

Attachments

• 20190903_180150.jpg
    20190903_180150.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20190903_180240.jpg
    20190903_180240.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20190903_180203.jpg
    20190903_180203.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Gunny5821,
I’ve come across a western Three Toed Wampus Cat, never a four toed one. This one appears to be a real head scratcher. :dunno:

Gunny5821,
I’ve come across a western Three Toed Wampus Cat, never a four toed one. This one appears to be a real head scratcher. :dunno:
Daddy always said that a Wampus Cat was a large black cat with a red a**hole and bright yellow eyes, and it could scream like a woman being murdered. It could run just as fast on two legs as it could on four. As kids I've got a feeling we were told these stories to keep us from wandering about too far at night because it was said that some old guys were running a still at a creek about 1/2 mile from our farm.

The only critter that comes to mind is that ancient descendant of one of the above mentioned "chalupas". :cool:
I do know that this claw belongs to a velociraptor.

That's a picture showing the size of a Harpy's eagle claws/foot I believe.

3 pages and nobody has said “Your Mom”
We can do better.
Somebody had to…..*

I’m gonna go with the ancestor to the Mackenzie Valley wolf. Modern versions are 6-7 feet long. Wouldn’t be a stretch to envision 10’ or better.

* all in fun.

Back