• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Track of the wolfe archive?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anj4de

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello

Is the TOW archive worth the 20$ they ask for the password? TOW's photos are very nice indead...how big is that archive?

thanks
Uwe

From what I understand the pictures and descriptions of the guns they have sold in the past...originals and custom builds...

A whole lot would depend on how it was organized.

If they put some effort into it, sure. Dandy for reference.

If it was just chronological? Nah. They're not earning their fee.

I did it once and thought it was worth the $20. Look at the price of magazines today. It's a great way to see a gun you may be thinking about buying/building. You can always save the pics too I believe.

TinStar
Soli Deo Gloria!

Basically, it's an 8,000 item plus list of all the guns & related stuff they've sold over the years. It's the color photos and description as it appears on their site, they simply remove the price listed originally but show it with the date sold...seems like a duplication of effort but to each his own! The available categories are:

Flintlock Rifles; Military Guns; Smoothbores; Pistols

Percussion Rifles; Military Guns; Shotguns; Revolvers; Pistols

Cartridge Rifles (single shot); Rifles (repeating); Military Guns, Shotguns; Pistols & Deringers; Revolvers

Antique & collectible Guns

Left hand & Symmetrical Guns

In-The-White Unfinished Guns

Brand New Factory Finished Guns

Powder Horns & Flasks

Hunting Pouches & Accoutrements

Knives & Cutlery

Tomahawks, Calumets & Belt Axes

Indian Artifacts & Replicas

I combined the flintlock, percussion & cartridge categories to save space, each is a separate category with it's own set of pictured items. I'm more than happy to put up $20 for the fun of looking through all those great items they've been fortunate to get over the years. I go to page 8 of Flintlock Military Guns and look at the great M.1728 French Musket I was stupid enough not to buy when I had the chance! Stupid, :doh: stupid, :doh: stupid! :doh:

8000 items...ok, I will go there tomorrow and sign up! Thanks a lot...

Uwe

I got my one year subsciption yesterday. It's breath taking to say the least. Not only are the photos beautiful but also the general description of the items and for example the mostly given trigger pull distance in combination with left hand pictures of the stock (in the Hawken case)is great. It gives me a good idea on the geometry of the gun.
Also some of the prices where really good. And you get a certain feeling for names...some names are automatically accociated with a higher price tag then others...and then there are un-named guns that are really nicely executed with a relatively low sales price. It was definitely money spent well...

cheers
Uwe

I was startled by the rather large number of Besses they've sold through the years...factory & hand made.

It is well worth the money, as I believe you have discovered for yourself. There is a search function too if you do not want to wade through 8000 items looking for one in particular - although that could be a lot of fun.

Latest posts

Back