• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Track of the Wolf

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Stella

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I am good about complaining when a company upsets me but not great about giving credit when it is due. So this is to give Track of the Wolf credit for it customer service.

On Dec 1st I ordered some items from TOW. They shipped it on Monday the 4th, and sent me a tracking number. I tracked the shipment until Dec. 8th, then it just quit getting scanned. I waited a week with no update and on Dec 15th I filed a complaint with USPS. On the 19th I get an email back from USPS telling me that my shipment was last scanned on the 8th and once it showed up they would get it to me ASAP. Well that was info I already had. No help at all.

Anyway by Dec. 26th no package and no more info from USPS, so I emailed TOW just to let them know. I did not expect them to do anything I just wanted them to know the shipment was missing and I was working with the USPS to find it.

Ok here is the really good part. About two hours later I get an email back from TOW saying they are re-shipping my order and if both orders show up to send one back "return to sender". They next day I had a new tracking number saying it shipped.

That is good customer service. It was not their problem but the fixed it anyway.

That is good to hear! :thumbsup:
I have always had good luck with TOW, They are a great company to do business with.

I have bought & sold several guns and a bunch of supplies/parts from Track & have always been pleased. One of the better sources around.

Back in the early 1990s I was stationed in Hohenfels, Germany in the Army. I ordered some things from TOW and after about 6 weeks my order never arrived. I wrote them a letter (what’s his name hadn’t invented email yet) letting them know and Track did the same thing, I received my order a couple weeks later. Never did receive the initial order, I figure Comrad in the Bundes postal service ended up with it.

We had a black powder club in Grafenwohr, it was a hoot seeing Germans dressed up in buckskins playing mountain men. (With their wooden shoes). Good time and good friends.

Schuss

I use them circumspectly. I had a lovely semi-custom fusil de chasse I wanted to sell and got a low-ball offer from them that would prompt a pawn broker to make the sign of the cross and rush to confession. If you are just buying parts and supplies, they are fine.

BillinOregon said:
I use them circumspectly. I had a lovely semi-custom fusil de chasse I wanted to sell and got a low-ball offer from them that would prompt a pawn broker to make the sign of the cross and rush to confession. If you are just buying parts and supplies, they are fine.

I recently sold a rifle through them. They were very efficient, friendly but businesslike. They accepted my wanted price but the eventual buyer offered a little less which I accepted. I believe the folks at TOW to be very professional and knowledgeable. Opinions vary and they realize that. That is the reason they will ship yer gun back to you free if you cannot come to an agreement on worth. Keep in mind, they have to make a profit on the sale also.

BillinOregon said:
If you brought or shipped them the gun I can see what you are saying.

If you wanted the quote without doing so I can see their side, as a dealer for 15 years sight unseen by word best I could do would have been 10% what it was what you felt worth.

Selling is a whole new ballgame IMHO don't care who made it not in hand offer will bee around 10%

Back