• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Track of the Wolf

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
walks with gun said:
The only bad experiences I've had with track is going into the store itself. I try to stick to very tight budget and get only the few items on my list, but I get to looking at things and well.
:thumbsup:

Yea, I'm kind of glad they are in Minnesota and I'm in Texas. The temptation would be too great.

Down under here in Western Australia I have dealt with TOW for some years now, and have nothing but good to say about them, all round properly decent folk, good gear and service. They are no 1 on my list of suppliers.

Cheers

Heeler

Rifleman1776 said:
I agree, they are top drawer. No complaints here. But, often we overlook other very fine vendors who serve our ml community quite well. Log Cabin has been in this game since Red Faris wore shorts. House of Muskets, Muzzle Loader Builders Supply and many more are all fine companies to deal with. And, don't overlook the cottage industry suppliers. Some of them have items available no where else. Check out the many ads in the NMLRA magazine Muzzle Blasts.
That's a trueism. I have nothing but good to say about Track, they are A1 in my book. But... So is pecotonic, Jas Townsend. Turkey foot, And Crazy Crow. CC has some cheap poor qulity things, but you get what you pay for with them. Dixie and Log Cabin and Backwoods tin and copper deserve mention. I can think of very few places that haven't treated me well. We are lucky to have the high qulity we get from our suppliers like Track.

First class folks who have absorbed a great deal of my money. Quality stuff and fair prices.

In all these years I've never had anything but positive dealings with TOW.

Having said that, it's important that we have lots of vendors to choose from. As a matter of course I spread my business around, just to do my part in keeping all of them healthy.

There's selfishness behind that. When collecting parts for an upcoming build, TOW did not have all I needed. Sure I could have waited however long for them to get the missing pieces.

But because there are other vendors out there, I was able to slide around the internet to find them for immediate delivery from 4 other sources.

Specifically BECAUSE OF the multiple vendors out there, I was able to have all the pieces headed to my smith in a day. Could have taken months otherwise.

TOW is great, and may it ever be so. But spread it around and do your part to keep them all healthy. :thumbsup:

My experience with them has always been positive. Just last week I was ordering parts and the stock I had ordered that said it was in stock was actually out of stock when they went to pull the order. I called them up to see if I could substitute for a different stock. The salesman I dealt with was extremely helpful and polite. His name was John Neitz ( hope I spelled it right lol). Very good people.

My last order arrived and I had mis-figured the bill. I was short about 5 bucks. They still sent the order and a polite little reminder letter that I was short. Dropped a PMO in the mail for what I owed them.

Nothing but good here. That was totally my fault!!

Doc

I had a poor experience with these folks. I had a high quality kit assembled and finished by a well-known custom builder here in Oregon. When I mentioned it, Track's owner said he would like the chance to see it and make an offer to buy, so I shipped it to him. His response was that it was not finished by my custom builder (and basically calling me and/or the builder a liar) then he offered me about 25 percent of what I had in it, or 30 percent if I took it in parts.
Track is a useful resource, but the owner has the heart of a pawn dealer. When I see guns up for sale there, I have to wonder how bad he low-balled the sellers.

I've found that TOTW is the best all around resource that I have. Friendly, knowledgeable and very helpful. The website is easily navigated and very user friendly. Normally I call to order what I need.. 2 minutes on the phone and a couple of days later I get a package in the mail. No problems ever...

Track is a very good sources for parts, kits and goods.

Years ago, they went through some problems when back orders were a frequent problem, but they are a lot more clear in stating what is actually in stock up front now so this is not a problem anymore. Great source.

As to their selling of custom items, I am looking at selling some custom made items through them to see how this goes.

CS

Track of the Wolf is also know as "back track" a name givin it by another Trader who know how track has problems with back orders or items advertised in stock, and not in stock.

The problem is not unique to "track" it is an industry wide problem where Traders are at the mercy of suppliers who either do not fill order fast, or do the good only on time delivery, or build componants only when they have orders.

Best advise when placing an order for anthing with any Trader, as if the item is in stock, and if not look else where if you can not wait.

Nothing makes me madder than ordering anything, than putting in an order only to have half the items back order, or not sent because they are not available.

If I am told item are in stock, and that is a big lie, I alway put the credit card charges in dispute because of the leve. Make not who I spoke with & who lied to me.

Over the past 3-4 years I have put at least a dozen order in with Track, always ordering several things at a time.

Never once have they ever failed to ship the correct item or showed it in stock when it wasn't. They ship fast with good packaging, have a wide variety of items especially shooting supplies for virtually every traditional muzzle loading firearm ever made, and a good website. I think they're among the best dealers. I can only think the "back track" era is a thing of the past.

Well I made an order on Friday evening last, email confirmation in seconds,shipped Monday on doorstep wendsday. Not counting the weekend it could not have been handled faster, and was all correct. Can't say any thing except good about track.

I've sold 4 LRs through Track's consignment sales and since 1978 have bought many items and never had any problems. Have visited TOW a number of times and talked to Dave Riplinger about the LRs that would be sold by him and the transactions were w/o any complications....he's a very astute business man and is very honest.....Fred

Latest posts

Back