• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Track of the Wolf

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have always been very happy with their products,service, and shipping. I converted a Cabela's Hawken flintlock to percussion and the man on the phone was extremely helpful in getting me the parts and instructions I needed. I really like all the guns and parts that The Rifle Shoppe has but I wished their customer service was half of what Track has.

I agree that they are great to deal with. Fast shipping and great products. :thumbsup: :hatsoff: However I am glad I don't live too close as I could go broke. Spend enough using the mail!!!

Dave

I will also add that Track of the Wolf's catalog is tops for finding and sizing parts (especially for locks) as their photo's are scaled to actual size! Has helped me numerous times when I have dealt with unknown used guns or tried to fit a new lock on an old rifle. Track of the Wolf has been in this business for a very long time. I have found their advertisements in Muzzle Blasts magazine's from the late '70's :thumbsup:

If I can't find it at Dixon's Muzzleloader Shop, Track of the Wolf has been my go-to, back-up source for many years. Fine folks in both. :hatsoff:

I ditto all the above comments. :thumbsup: on TOTW.

The one item that still has long deliveries is custom profile barrels. No matter who you order them from. I have two projects that have been on hold for months just waiting for barrels. :(

Rick.

Rifleman1776 said:
I agree, they are top drawer. No complaints here. But, often we overlook other very fine vendors who serve our ml community quite well. Log Cabin has been in this game since Red Faris wore shorts. House of Muskets, Muzzle Loader Builders Supply and many more are all fine companies to deal with. And, don't overlook the cottage industry suppliers. Some of them have items available no where else. Check out the many ads in the NMLRA magazine Muzzle Blasts.

I even overlooked one who advertises here. The Possible Shop. Good folks. Sadly, I have not traded with them for some time. Will remember to do so next time. We should support those who support us.

I've never been disappointed in any order I've made. I was so happy with my medium drop point knife that I called them to say thanks.

Their selection, customer service, and quality is just outstanding

If an item there is backordered, it can be long to get. Otherwise, Track is excellent. They always have gotten my orders and shipped very quickly. They are one of the most reliable suppliers I have dealt with. They have a solid website and a nice variety of stuff.

I must have reached a certain accumulative customer purchases threshold on my last order. They included their complete catalog with it free of charge, which I believe normally goes for $10.00. I had already downloaded the electronic version, but a hard copy is really great.

Ray-Vigo said:
If an item there is backordered, it can be long to get. Otherwise, Track is excellent. They always have gotten my orders and shipped very quickly. They are one of the most reliable suppliers I have dealt with. They have a solid website and a nice variety of stuff.

Backorders are a problem with the manufacturer or supplier and are beyond the control of the store. I've had a couple of backorders with Track - one part delivered to me within a week of geting a 'sorry, backordered' notice, and the other (a Lyman muzzleloader part) never did arrive. Track would send me periodic notices, all with the option of cancelling ... which I finally did after over a year waiting - again, not Track's fault.

I have had the same experience, they are very quick to process orders and ship and I get my packages usually within four days. Great products, great place to purchase from.

The only bad experiences I've had with track is going into the store itself. I try to stick to very tight budget and get only the few items on my list, but I get to looking at things and well.

Back