• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Track of the Wolf

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On line and over the phone they're great. But, if you're walking in the door and talking to them, don't expect them to give you a lot of help.

And, even if you're in the store and in the middle of a transaction with them at 10 seconds after 5:00 pm, Carol (Riplinger's wife) will peek her troll shaped head out behind the corner and cancel out your transaction (even if you've driven a great distance to see them and transact) to shoo you out of there. Very very unfriendly person. I'm not saying that everybody gets treated that way, but it's happened to me twice now. Henceforth, and as a result, I will shop almost any place else first before I would go to them--even with the on line and phone stuff.

I've visited TOW 5 times and on 2 of the visits made no transactions. Only met w/ Dave and once w/ an employee and both were cordial.... Dave showed me TOW's excellent photo setup and we discussed many of the guns he was selling on consignment. Looked forward to my visits at TOW seeing they were very pleasant experiences.....Fred

I've always had great service at Track. Maybe its because I don't go in there 5 minutes before closing time and I sure don't make fun of the people that work there.

Not having been there or seen it I wouldn't comment on the event. However I would add one thing that may or may not of been a factor. Full time part time and salary employed are all regulated in a complex maze of overlapping and contradictory laws. This event might have fallen in to some bad timing thing that would have cost track more then the tranasaction could make,even the cost of loosing a customer.
Don't know and can't say , just something to keep in mind when you get bad service at end of day.

Col. Batguano said:
(even if you've driven a great distance to see them and transact)
You ain't that far away,,
I mean I can get there in 45min coming down from the north side of Elk River
But I will give ya that Carol doesn't have the best customer rep-or.
The showroom/walk-in is only open from 2-5,,
If someone is just standin there yakin instead of ordering more items 10 seconds after 5,, well, them folks wanna go home too,
ya know(?)

My buddy wants to build a trade gun but looking at the website most of the barrels and other parts for the kit seem to be "On Back Order".
:hmm:

Well Clyde,I have always found TOW to be very compliant with my orders,that's why I buy stuff from them.
But, regarding the status of their smoothbore kits, I was merely making an observation. :surrender:

Back