• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Track of the Wolf

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know that TotW is one of the suppliers that many folk on the forum recommend. I recently needed some cleaning equipment that I couldn't get locally, and visited their site and ordered from them for the first time. It arrived today.

Even with a holiday weekend in there, the processing/shipping was incredibly fast (ordered 12/31, delivered 1/5). Quality looks to be very good.

And I found that their Sharps bullets were cheaper than I was paying, so ordered some of those as well. While I haven't mic'ed them yet, they look to be very uniform and look to be the same size as what I'm currently using (which is the measurements that they were advertised with).

Definite kudos :hatsoff: , and I'll be a repeat customer!

Calum

When I built my 2nd LR {the 1st was a kit} most of the parts came from TOW and no problems arose as to quality or timely delivery.

Sold 4 LRs through the TOW consignment sales and was treated fairly and w/o any complications.

Have at times tried to order parts but always asked if they're back ordered because the delivery can be lengthy if they are. If they didn't have the parts in stock, went to another supplier. At least TOW told me the parts weren't in stock.

Have met Dave Riplinger the owner a couple of times and had a few talks....he's a nice guy and what impressed me the most....he's honest......Fred

Had to pick up some items from ToTW for my Pecatonica Tulle. The Tulle had no "instructions", full parts list with bolt sizes, etc. ToTW has the items I needed, including a full sized Tulle reference poster, spring vise, proper side plate, domed lock bolts, etc.

If my wife knew how much I've spent with them I'd cease to exist... lol, great people to deal with. Down home folks who always seem to make it happen, and they are real people when you call! If I can't seem to make a part myself, I usually turn to them first. Just make sure the item you order is in stock before you order, which their website clearly says. Other than that, for people who hate technology/ tablet computer deals, their website is easy to navigate which is a big plus in my book. :thumbsup:

We're fortunate to have a supplier like ToTW available. I think their website is the best to navigate through...in fact I'm sure it's ease of use has been responsible for me buying even more than I probably "needed." :grin: I have returned a couple of items and it was NO PROBLEMS.

I love their gun consignment sales...some just for the fun of looking, but I've purchased a few as well and it's nice to be able to put in an offer versus just paying what's listed, which many times is overpriced.

Having the availability of every item listed is a big plus. If not in stock, they give an estimated time frame so you can make an informed decision of waiting or going somewhere else.

I just recently started BPCR shooting and sent a question to them on a product and Dave Riplinger personally responded in an email with a bunch of information that was useful to me. Hard to beat that kind of personal service. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
For those that talk about how much they've spent at Track,
They keep a running total on ya,, you can ask how much you've spent there, from your first purchase to last.
I'm about 45miles up the highway from their shop.
I asked once a couple of yrs ago,,
:shocked2:

I don't wanna ask again,, :slap:

necchi said:
For those that talk about how much they've spent at Track,
They keep a running total on ya,, you can ask how much you've spent there, from your first purchase to last.
I'm about 45miles up the highway from their shop.
I asked once a couple of yrs ago,,
:shocked2:

I don't wanna ask again,, :slap:

Oh boy! Your lucky to have them so close... or is that a curse...? Haha, I honestly don't want to know! :shocked2:

I'd be broke if they were down here. Seriously though, every time I've ordered from them, I've been very satisfied.

Actually working on piecing together another order now. Need to get the parts and pieces for a new fowler ready for an event.

Crewdawg445 said:
Your lucky to have them so close... or is that a curse...? Haha,
:haha: I'm not really sure,,,
I don't regret the money I've spent, but I was a little surprised to find out how much fun I've been having all these yrs.
Interesting thing,, is I'm planning a trip down there in just a few weeks :wink:

:haha: Ouch! :doh:
There are some of the builders we have here that have easy 5 digit figures,,
I went down there one time with a Lyman 57 I had bought and never used, it had been nearly a year since I bought it and John was a bit hesitant to do the return,, he was pulling up my data when I asked him if he could get a total.
"Sure, he say's, (click-click on the keyboard)
The look on his face changed when he gave me the figure,, it was suddenly easy to do the exchange when I said I could use a few other items anyway.
I guess it pays when your a loyal customer to any place really.

I have bought quite a bit of supplies, even a few rifles. I ordered a frizzen stall from them for a flintlock, didn't fit as per specs. Called and complained, they sent a new one post haste. Recevied a ramrod damaged in shipment, same great customer service. They are a top notch supplier as far as I am concerned, no hesitation in recommending them.

Silky921 said:
I'd be broke if they were down here. Seriously though, every time I've ordered from them, I've been very satisfied.

Actually working on piecing together another order now. Need to get the parts and pieces for a new fowler ready for an event.

You better hurry pal! We don't have much time! :thumbsup:

I think we are lucky. I haven't run into a "bad" supplier.

From Canada I have dealt a lot with Track (their online ordering is just plain "nice").

But also found MBS and Cains both went out of their way for me even though there is some extra work to ship stuff across the border.

If you stick with the well established shops that actually have an interest in muzzle loaders (and not just your bucks) they do go out of their way to help you out.

Back in the mid/late 90's, I ordered a rather wide range of parts to take with me to the 96 and 98 World Championships. Besides having what I needed, they offered some good suggestions. By chance, one of their Top Jaw Screws saved the day for one of our Shooters, after his original part broke the first day of practice. He won the Gold Medal that year. Other parts have saved the day for U.S. and even some foreign shooters.

About six months ago, I had to order "by guess and by golly" on some reproduction frizzens to replace one lost on an original flint fowler. One was darn near a perfect match. They also shipped it in a surprisingly short time.

Track of the Wolf remains on my top list of suppliers.

Gus

Speaking of guess and by golly. Once when I was looking to replace a sear spring on a pistol I called them with a list of candidates I thought would work. The customer service rep went to the bins and took measurements for me while we were on the phone. None would work, but I was impressed with their customer service.

I agree, they are top drawer. No complaints here. But, often we overlook other very fine vendors who serve our ml community quite well. Log Cabin has been in this game since Red Faris wore shorts. House of Muskets, Muzzle Loader Builders Supply and many more are all fine companies to deal with. And, don't overlook the cottage industry suppliers. Some of them have items available no where else. Check out the many ads in the NMLRA magazine Muzzle Blasts.

always a 'go to' company ... they're willing to walk you through a problem, even if it doesn't involve making a sale.

Fortune 500 could learn a thing or two.

garra said:
The customer service rep went to the bins and took measurements for me while we were on the phone.
Interesting observation,
They don't really have a bank of phones with people sitting there waiting as one would think of a "CSR",, just 4-5 folks that work in the shop.
Who ever answers the phone, stay's with that person and is truly interested in that persons care until they're done.
I think if you count the owner Dave, there's only 5 people there.

Back