• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Track of the wolf and the lefthand builder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems many of you did not serve in the military, ( Guess I better watch out now) almost all our rifles, semi automatic and full, eject to the right. t's difficult for a lefty to shoot with all that brass coming past your nose
Not trying to shake the tree, left handed people of my age group, (over 70) were forced to learn to do thigs right handed. Shooting would be one of the easier things to learn , try writing, you right handed guys try writing left handed

I am a lefty, all my MLs are left handed. The vast majority of my modern rifles are left handed and the ones I hunt dangerous game with for sure are left handed. I have let my hunting partners and quite a few people at the range shoot my left handed rifles. They adapt but find it VERY cumbersome, especially for the first while. That is the definition of Left Handed, it is cumbersom to use a chainsaw, but we eventually adapt. There is a good reason why LH people have more accidents using equipment, and it is driven by using the weak hand for a lot of things because skill saws, table saws, lathes, chainsaws, scissors and a ton of other things are right handed. You can't even special order most of thesee things in left hand version. For the things that I can get in Left Hand I will go to the extra effort and expense to make sure I do that and I bias a lot of my business to those places that provide the left handed items I want.

It seems many of you did not serve in the military, ( Guess I better watch out now) almost all our rifles, semi automatic and full, eject to the right. t's difficult for a lefty to shoot with all that brass coming past your nose
Not trying to shake the tree, left handed people of my age group, (over 70) were forced to learn to do thigs right handed. Shooting would be one of the easier things to learn , try writing, you right handed guys try writing left handed
'68 & '69 Army & correct. All eject from the right. Right again, when right rotator cuff had surgery, tried writing with left hand....that was hilarious. I have chickens that could write better.

I have no idea what real complaining is, I do not engage in it, it gets you no where. You stated that Track did not support left handed shooters, with out knowing why or if that was true. I have really never heard a left hand person complain about being left handed. Big stick has nothing to do with my feeling big, it was a type of remote control airplane kits I flew back in the day in some competitions,17555 is my zip, I still have one I fly to this day. I read your post and gave my opinion, I have not seen where I need any ones permission to give that opinion in this post or any other. You also have no idea what I have built over the years from companies kits. So ignore me if you want, it is your freedom to do so, it is also my freedom to speak as I see it. Quote"I say it is time he is ignored"unquote, real nice, so grab all you friends and do what you want.
Hate to say it...but, you've complaining for quite awhile here😂😱

I know a lot of shooters that shoot left handed and shoot very well, out shot me plenty of times. I have never seen them complain about a company that did not cater to their style of shooting. They did what they had to do and looked around. and always came up with one. I have never seen what you call left hand discrimination, and I have been shooting since 1955. I was just on the computer and found six different places to get a left handed flintlock kit, and a lot of other places to get parts to build one:dunno:. Considering the times we are in, there is a lot of shortage of things to go around, we are all experiencing this. The supplier of black powder that I buy from has none in the granulation that I want, in no way would I condemn them on here and say I will dis them and go elsewhere. And where did you ever got that I am prejudice and discriminate against left handed people I have no idea. My Son and Grandson are left handed, and also shooters/hunters,( better than me in fact):) so I will say shut your pie hole about any prejudice on my part, or about walking in somebody's shoes or what ever else you can come up with. In my eyes there is no reason for somebody to go on a gun forum and dump on a gun manufacture/supplier for a reason or reasons they know nothing about why. And not just because their next door neighbors, uncles, aunts, cousin told them so. There is always two side to every story. Thank you and have a nice day.
Well now, good for you....glad to know you now alot of lefty's, me too, what's your point? And what times are we in?? For somebody who tells everyone to shut their pie hole, you're pretty long winded, yourself. Maybe YOU should take your own advice....just an observation. If folks want to complain, let them complain. If they don't want to complain, they don't have to complain. It is their right....right?

Look, pretty much ANY stock can be made into a left hand gun, IF you can find a left hand lock.
Even a pre carve, with no lock inlet, can be a left hand gun.
Only thr lock and side plate are different. I’ve made several.
84D4BFE8-B3BC-4595-824F-34475CD2DDEA.jpeg

Pecatonia has a left hand Isaac Haines and others available. It's not in their catalog but if you call and talk to someone there you'll probably find they'll be willing to do quite a bit to help you out.

I made a full left handed MSR, I love to offering righty's an opportunity to shoot it and watch them fumble around and do a What?'s. I have made a lot of left handed flintlock rifles and fowlers. Is it necessary? Nope. Is it nice being left handed and having a left handed gun? Yep!
Robby

I made a full left handed MSR, I love to offering righty's an opportunity to shoot it and watch them fumble around and do a What?'s. I have made a lot of left handed flintlock rifles and fowlers. Is it necessary? Nope. Is it nice being left handed and having a left handed gun? Yep!
Robby
Congrats man. We all work with what we got....left hand or right hand

Righties need to go to england and drive a car on the wrong side of the road, use a stick shift with their left hand, go back to their hotel and use a left handed wine corkscrew, then cut up some paper with a left hand set of scissors. Maybe they can start the ignition in the car with their left hand. It is a righthanded world and i say lefties matter! I let my FIL use my lefty corkscrew remover without telling him. He told me it was defective since it would not go into the cork. Told me the same with my scissors. And yes i am a lefty who is forced to live in a righty world. We are mostly ignored in this elitist righthanded world.
lol, makes sense. I never knew there was a left handed scissors! Or corkscrew! Now if they made the Anker vertical mouse for a lefty you guys and gals would have it made! ( by the way, it is an awesome mouse, i got one for both of my laptops )
https://smile.amazon.com/s?k=anker+mouse&qid=1626546880&ref=sr_pg_1

I did try every once in awhile and it takes time and looks like manure. tho i did learn how to be ambidextrous with the mouse, tho see the above post. i wish for you guys the vertical mouse came for a lefty also.

I am a right handed shooter, but have shot my guns from the left side… more than once.

Killed a deer once left handed, no other alternative other than letting him walk.
This was with a percussion gun, but I have shot my flinters from the left side as well.

My issue was getting the correct sight picture from the left side…. I’m right eye dominant.

I never see the flash from the touch hole on either side, unless I’m looking at it…

When I took the BRM course at Sill they issued me a M16, not the M16A1. It didn't have the brass deflector, and the hot brass rained down my neck. By the time it was over I looked like I had been attacked by the Varsity Cheerleading Squad. My girlfriend gave me sidelong glances for a while, even though I swore the hot brass caused it. But shooting the new pop up targets to 600 meters in a strong crosswind was a great time. I'll never forget it.

If you're tired of this post then I suggest you stop clicking on it.😁
I'm tired of it because like you, it isn't making any sense anymore, or going to go anywhere anymore, like you:dunno::doh:🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back