• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Townsends 1792 pork chops in gravy

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just made this up, Townsend just posted vid yesterday.recipes for ‘chop houses’.
Pork chops seasoned with parsley, thyme, salt, pepper,and bread crumbs. Fried in butter then deglazed with broth, two shallots diced then a ball of butter rolled in flour to make a sauce, poured over the chops. Was very goof.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw that video a few minutes after it was posted. Looked darned good and I thought that sauce would be good on chicken as well. The Townsend cooking episodes always get plenty of views.

If you haven't seen it, look at the Townsend roast onion video. It is so simple and absolutely delicious. Not just my opinion. It's had almost 2.5 million views.

Jeff

Bet they would be good with a bit of red wine in the broth or perhaps a splash or home brewed beer. May have to experiment I never met a chicken wing I did not like

Bet they would be good with a bit of red wine in the broth or perhaps a splash or home brewed beer
Well the use of red or even perhaps white wine sound good, but...

Sacrifice any amount of the homebrew ale for cooking chicken ?

ASTONISHMENT EMOJI.JPG

LD

Back