• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TOW

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To get the best tracking with USPS you must use Priority Mail 2-3 days and it's spendy. I am just so OCD dealing with anyone on line after years of doing Evil-bay back in the early 00, Trust no one!!!!!!

I don't miss print catalogs. Anymore I feel they are costly for the retailer to produce and mail, the pricing can be out of date in a few weeks, and there's no way to know if what you want is in stock. Sure catalogs get recycled, but I'd rather my favorite shops have a better website tied to their inventory than a catalog.
To the OP's comment... I place a small order with Track 2-3 times a year. Sold some stuff through them as well. Very happy customer.
Yes like everything else the price of printing is out of sight. Not counting postage.

Last edited:
I am involved in getting catalogs printed, its a pain, how many do you order? the more you order the better the price breaks, but if you order to many and they just sit in the warehouse its money wasted.

And the things are expensive especially in color.

I don't miss print catalogs. Anymore I feel they are costly for the retailer to produce and mail, the pricing can be out of date in a few weeks, and there's no way to know if what you want is in stock.
I confess that I still love printed catalogs -- but the ones that really work are ones coordinated with a well-organized web site so you can search and also more easily determine what is in stock. The expense for supporting a print catalog must be extraordinary, and I don't see how a small company in a niche marketplace could afford it. An alternative that some companies of that sort have turned to is a PDF catalog that can be downloaded (and searched!), or -- if you really want to spend the money on paper and ink -- printed by the customer! Yet every year I'm surprised when the massive (and massively heavy) Grizzly Industrial Tools catalog appears in my mail. If you tried to buy a book of that size and quality, it would definitely cost you. However, the marketplace for Grizzly is much wider than for a company like TOW.

I didn't know that they had a walk in store?
Yes they do. Small show room with stuff all around it. You can actually handle the firearms they have for sale. Been there several times. Was just there two weeks ago to get a ram rod and some browning solution. Some of the stuff it is nice to look at before buying. If you are looking for a gun part and not certain if the one online is the right part you can take the gun with you and they will look to match the right part if they have it.

I didn't know that they had a walk in store?
Yeah it’s open like 4 days a week I think. And only from 1 to 4 I think. Website will tell you. I live about 2 hours from them. I was thinking of driving next time I want a bigger order. When I ordered a worm , ball puller & jag from them I got it in 2 days. I ordered minnies on a Tuesday and had them Friday morning. A can of mink oil same thing. I just know to order by Tuesday.
0FD9DC89-CB78-404F-B63D-809D7227FEEE.jpeg

I have notice the number and variety of TOW kit offerings have been cut back. Percussion Hawken kits are gone. Isaac Haines Lancaster and others.
Another COVID fatality I had ordered the JP Beck kit and the Isaac Hanes which if I’m not mistaken they took down about a month after I ordered them March 2021. I received the Isaac Hanes stock just a few weeks back the JP Beck stock still on back order. All other parts barrels and locks I got immediately actually the locks were back ordered for a few weeks. In a few more months I’ll probably have to start the process of finding a stock from another supplier. I don’t feel good about it though some have told me they waited 18 months for back order. The JP Beck i was told is made by a different manufacturer. I just hope they are okay.

Another COVID fatality I had ordered the JP Beck kit and the Isaac Hanes which if I’m not mistaken they took down about a month after I ordered them March 2021. I received the Isaac Hanes stock just a few weeks back the JP Beck stock still on back order. All other parts barrels and locks I got immediately actually the locks were back ordered for a few weeks. In a few more months I’ll probably have to start the process of finding a stock from another supplier. I don’t feel good about it though some have told me they waited 18 months for back order. The JP Beck i was told is made by a different manufacturer. I just hope they are okay.
Check with Pecatonica. My last three came from them and have been outstanding.

My only gripe with TOW is that they don't have a catalog anymore. You know, one of those big paper things with pictures of their products that we used to thumb through for hours. It's just not the same shopping on a computer screen. That's why I mainly use Log Cabin Shop these days.

I had an account with TOW for years until recently, I tried to place an order with them for bits and pieces but despite it all being in stock I was told they no longer accept orders from Australia.
Its not that I'm bothered with the extra cost of freight etc so what the hell is the problem over there ?
Before anyone tells me Post /Freight refuse to send stuff to Down Under, I received 2 Sliding Patch box covers from Kiblers a couple of weeks ago without a hitch.
Can anyone recommend any retailers in USA that stocks most of the TOW offerings please ?

My only gripe with TOW is that they don't have a catalog anymore. You know, one of those big paper things with pictures of their products that we used to thumb through for hours. It's just not the same shopping on a computer screen. That's why I mainly use Log Cabin Shop these days.

Still got mine from years ago, its like an Encyclopedia

Yes they do. Small show room with stuff all around it. You can actually handle the firearms they have for sale. Been there several times. Was just there two weeks ago to get a ram rod and some browning solution. Some of the stuff it is nice to look at before buying. If you are looking for a gun part and not certain if the one online is the right part you can take the gun with you and they will look to match the right part if they have it.

Theres a tidal wave of envy coming at you from my end.

Ordered and received a "Brown Delrin Nylon" 7/16" x 48" ram rod the other day.
USPS 4"square box with the rod taped to another piece of cardboard inside and as expected, box smashed in the middle but NO TIRE TRACKS. ;)
Wrote and mentioned the fact that the rod had a permanent bend in it. A little heat and the rod propped up with the bend in the other direction overnight got it straightened out.
I do remember receiving barrels taped to a piece of wood so they didn't get bent.
And it wasn't TOTW's problem, just a little different packing may have cured the bent rod issue. TOTW still good to go. :thumb:

I don't miss print catalogs. Anymore I feel they are costly for the retailer to produce and mail, the pricing can be out of date in a few weeks, and there's no way to know if what you want is in stock. Sure catalogs get recycled, but I'd rather my favorite shops have a better website tied to their inventory than a catalog.
To the OP's comment... I place a small order with Track 2-3 times a year. Sold some stuff through them as well. Very happy customer.
I do love the traditional Dixie Catalog, though! Your comments are true.

I had an account with TOW for years until recently, I tried to place an order with them for bits and pieces but despite it all being in stock I was told they no longer accept orders from Australia.
Its not that I'm bothered with the extra cost of freight etc so what the hell is the problem over there ?
Before anyone tells me Post /Freight refuse to send stuff to Down Under, I received 2 Sliding Patch box covers from Kiblers a couple of weeks ago without a hitch.
Can anyone recommend any retailers in USA that stocks most of the TOW offerings please ?
DIXIE GUN WORKS, UNION CITY Tn

Back