• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

TOW

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mtman725

The Last Best place, MT
Reaction score
I haven't had any dealing with TOW, since the early 80s, when I built my first BP kit. All I can say is they've gotten better which is very high praise, in this day and age. It was very well packed, a ram rod and a bottle of their Browning. Small order but above and beyond, in all aspect's. 👍👍

Canada Customs liked my TOW order so much they kept it....been there since March 1st. Ramrod and some other stuff.
Many years ago when you could sale bullets, shotgun wades thru Evil-Bay, I sold a bunch of wades in the great white north and marked the box shotgun wades! Big mistake, I mite as well of kicked a Monty, sent it back to me. I repacked it and marked it plastic components, went right thru he had them in days. Good luck.

I have notice the number and variety of TOW kit offerings have been cut back. Percussion Hawken kits are gone. Isaac Haines Lancaster and others.
Like everywhere else, every company's cutting back, I feel its the lack of staff as well as just can't get it.

Howdy:
I've been buying from TOTW since I first started doing these projects, 44 years ago. Recently they have gotten MUCH faster? I'm typically getting my parts in a week or less now. I'll be a customer for life??? I'm old!!! ;) :dunno::thumb: Not a lot of life left. ;) Thanks for listening.
God bless:
Two Feathers

I am also happy with Track of the Wolf service and products. Maintaining inventory is a problem for most businesses. I do not care for packages sent USPS because tracking is so poor. Things fall off the face of the Earth only to appear days later.

I am also happy with Track of the Wolf service and products. Maintaining inventory is a problem for most businesses. I do not care for packages sent USPS because tracking is so poor. Things fall off the face of the Earth only to appear days later.
The falling off the face of the Earth phenomenon seems mostly to be the result of the USPS going to the widespread use of "shipping partners" who use logistic methods that are economical but often mysterious to mere humans. One feature of this is that tracking by USPS is done differently from tracking by the shipping partner. So if you try to use your USPS tracking number, it's like looking into a black hole -- because all that will show is the last point at which it went into the hands of the shipping partner. If you can manage to track the package (some retailers provide the partner's tracking information) you'll see it bounce back and forth between USPS locations. Other times (most often?) it simply disappears and then suddenly appears in your mail box or at your front door after your local PO gets it. 😂

BillKilgore:
I'm less than thrilled with the USPS myself lately? I sent a parcel from here in Pa. to TX. It went to Champaign, Ill. then to Dallas, TX. then BACK to Champaign, Ill;, then BACK to Dallas, TX., AGAIN!!! Then BACK to Champaign,Ill. Then back to Dallas,TX. Now I have NO idea where it is?? It should have been delivered the FIRST time it landed in TX.??
I was just thinking, WOW...finally the USPS got it's act together? Then this..I guess NOT!
God bless:
Two Feathers

doubleset:
I've had a few parcels in the last 6 months that NEVER showed up in tracking, then BAM they just suddenly got delivered!!?
Your explanation makes it make sense to me now. Thank you.
God bless:
Two Feathers

Canada Customs liked my TOW order so much they kept it....been there since March 1st. Ramrod and some other stuff.
I'm waiting for two FP Hawken sights for our two Hawken rifles. Been waiting for 4 months. I called Williams about the order two weeks ago and they told me that my order was mailed out the day after I placed my order in January. They gave me a tracking number and I called Canada customs and was very rudely spoken to by some idiot on the other end in Toronto. I don't expect to see those two sights any time soon or if at all. Seems I lost my investment. I've pretty much given up on purchasing anything firearms-related from south of the 49th. After I joined this site, I put forth an inquiry about obtaining a ladder tang site for my TC Hawken. I was directed to a fellow selling a ladder tang sight from a member here and purchased that sight for 120.00 CDN. The fellow never sent that site. Looks like I was scammed. People just can't be trusted anymore.

Last edited:
My only gripe with TOW is that they don't have a catalog anymore. You know, one of those big paper things with pictures of their products that we used to thumb through for hours. It's just not the same shopping on a computer screen. That's why I mainly use Log Cabin Shop these days.
Yeah...I remember those big paper things. Used to check out the Sears catalog, but for different reasons. ;) :thumb::oops::rolleyes:o_O
God bless:
Two Feathers

I don't miss print catalogs. Anymore I feel they are costly for the retailer to produce and mail, the pricing can be out of date in a few weeks, and there's no way to know if what you want is in stock. Sure catalogs get recycled, but I'd rather my favorite shops have a better website tied to their inventory than a catalog.
To the OP's comment... I place a small order with Track 2-3 times a year. Sold some stuff through them as well. Very happy customer.

Latest posts

Back