• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

tough week hunting

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Howie1968

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Been a tough hunting this week me and a longtime friend came to my place and camped temperatures dropped to the 20s at night with lots of rain severe thunderstorms and tornado watch on saturday most of the week we had wind gusts to and above 20 mph saturday i had a oppurtunity at a doe a 25 yard chip shot out of a ground blind between the humidity and rain my powder got wet at the time of the shot i had a squib hang fire i shot plumb over her back on my place it is not uncommon to see 20 plus deer a day i seen deer just saturday gained a little rust on the old Hawken so now ill clean her. remove the rust around the sights as much rain as we got im surprised she dont look worse tent had water camp flooded vehicles stuck luckily i had the kawasaki mule there and my 4 wheeler

If we didn’t have the cold nights there wouldn’t be the warm ones. Hopefully you had the equipment to keep you snug. I’ll double bag and throw a wool blanket over the whole thing if I have to. So nice to be toasty when it’s crazy cold out.

yes sir fleece on the bottom 0 degree bag with a ultra light down topper and had my 10 month old pup with me had a 4 season exponent 1 man tent problem was being old and fat trying to pee in a water bottle intead of getting out in the torrential downpour we had

Man oh Man !! Normally when you are posting it's a big old hog or two.........I hope you and mother nature get things together !!

how did you get the dog to pee in the water bottle?

Brought back memories of being stuck in Alaska with 60 mph winds for 2 days and having to go outside to do your business.

Fleener

Back