• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Touch hole liner

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rinejl

32 Cal
Reaction score
Are they standard size? Just bought a Pedersoli Pennsylvania 50 cal.

No, nothing wrong - just got the rifle but thought it might be a good idea to have a spare on hand. Not necessary? Also, where would be the best place to buy? Dixie Gun Works is where I bought the rifle.

I've never had to replace a stainless steel liner; they seem to last as long as the gun. Just be careful not to booger up the vent by wallowing hard steel picks around in it. I drill them out to 1/16" and that's it.

If you do get a spare I recommend the one with the hex slot
fullsizeoutput_996.jpeg

Got my extra at TOW. I like the inside cone better on the TOW liner. Also like mentioned above, drilled it to 1/16

Yep. Drill out to 1/16”. Tape the shank of your drill bit so you don’t score the inside of the barrel when you bust through. No need for a spare.

You're going to need flints long before you need a touch hole liner. Measure the one you have so you know what aize to order,
Totally agree you will need flint's before you need a touch hole liner. I built a Jaeger rifle several years ago and installed a White Light'n touch hole liner
I estimate I have close to 2500 rounds or more thru the gun and so far no problem with the liner.

If you do get a spare I recommend the one with the hex slot
View attachment 30041
I'll add my vote to that. I have retrofit every one of my flinters with liners to this vent.
The vent liners with a slot seem to need a turnscrew blade as thin as a razor and as wide as a lawnmover blade to remove them.
The hex key is a perfect fix.

Back