• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TOTW TULLE RIFLE KIT SAVED!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC

75 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
there's a lesson here.. one being just because you've "seen" pics of a "gunbuilders" builds..does not mean he built them..two, because you've done business with someone for years does not mean you'll agree on "quality"! and three.) some of these gunbuilders are great! soo, the story goes,,always wanted a tulle rifle..(yea i wonder now too..) so this guy and i talked he had "built" many guns,and wanted to build me one..well so happens totw had a tulle kit available with a 50 cal. barrel.. that'll work, so sent him the money..yep ALL the money..this was feb.07,,he said 3 months..gees fer a kit? okay thats like may.. okay. after many letters,emails, phone calls, false promises, missed due dates,a shop move(?) and a "he don't live here anymore phone call" :shocked2: the "gun" finally arrived..in mid November! I read the enclosed letter which explained a couple problems he had with the kit..like the butt plate did not fit, the sear spring broke twice,the top jaw screw bent and the dents and nicks in the finish could be repaired after hunting season.. :shake: then I open the box.. :shocked2: a brief look and I was sick..I immediately emailed Roy Stroh..and tried to explain the "gun" (I'm sure Roy did not believe me!) ,Roy said send it down. i took some pics.. now this "brand new gun" I was sure would not fire as was! (and I wasn't tryin it!) the hammer would not fall forward,theramrod would not come out,the triggerguard touched the gun in two spots.. and well maybe the pics will tell ya better.. but now thanks to roy (a BIG Thanks!) he totally!! rebuilt the gun.right down to inlettin the barrel! (hence the forum gunbuilder's bench!) now for some reason the before pics are more evident than the after..and none show the whole truth! (you just had to see it in person!) I'm tryin to post pics both before and after,, anyone havin gun built please take my expierence and use it !!! and again Thank You Roy! I honestly figured I had a pile of parts..but Roy made it a gun!! and a nice one too!! ops! almost fergot!the basis fer this was a quick gun and cheap too..so...not quick and not cheap! :( but lots more better now! LESSON LEARNED! before pics.........
b4trigguaed.jpg
[/img]
b4toplock.jpg
[/img]
[/img]
b4sidebuttplate.jpg
[/img]
b4rearsite.jpg
[/img]
b4muzzle.jpg
[/img] my favorite!
b4lockleft.jpg
[/img]
b4lockhole.jpg
[/img]
b4buttplate.jpg
[/img] i'll post the redo's in a bit..let ya get yer jaw back up! :shocked2:

OKAY..now we do the new improved totw tulle rifle kit by roy stroh..(anfd if you had seen this in real life before you'd really be impressed!
redolockleft-1.jpg
[/img]
redoneloclhole-1.jpg
[/img]
redonemuzzle.jpg
[/img]
lil difference hey?
redonetoplock.jpg
[/img]
redonerearsite.jpg
[/img]
redonebuttplate.jpg
[/img]
 THANK YOU ROY! he said I'd like it and I do!!!  dang thought i had a whole gun pic! drat! do you roy

you didn't show my favorite pic....
S6300117.jpg

:haha:

thanks guys :thumbsup:

Wick Ellerbe said:
Good work Roy. That looked like a hellava challenge.
MUSTA BEEN! he's still threatening me!! :shocked2: i always figured ya learnt somethin from every job ya do, but when i ask roy about this he just spits and sputters and uses un forumlike words! :shocked2: but he did an awesome job!! :thumbsup:

Wick Ellerbe said:
Good work Roy. That looked like a hellava challenge.

just a bit of one. I have a list of things that needed to be done.... It would have been easier just to start out with the kit. :haha:

:shocked2: whhhaaaattt the ????

RC: I can only imagine the sick feeling in your gut when you first received this "handiwork."

Remember back in the '70's when guys would receive a CVA kentucky rifle (the 2 piece stock) on December 25th and be on the range by the 27th..kinda reminds me of one of those projects.

Roy: Your are awesome...KUDOS! There is a lesson to be learned here :bow: :hatsoff:

Beautiful work . . . but. A Tulle Rifle?

Did that ever happen?

You're right about that front sight. Leedle close to the muzzle, originally.

But now you can't tuck your spare patching material under the trigger bow. :-(

"Beautiful work . . . but. A Tulle Rifle?

Did that ever happen?"

No, that is a nice looking gun but it is best not start a HC/PC thread on it.

tg said:
"Beautiful work . . . but. A Tulle Rifle?

Did that ever happen?"

No, that is a nice looking gun but it is best not start a HC/PC thread on it.

:haha: atleast that part wasn't my idea I just made it more presentable. :grin:

pic of the butt...
IMG_2720.jpg

Okay ya got me! :( it are not PC...but I knew that afore I ordered it.. I have a tulle smoothbore, and love it, told myself if I could get a rifled barrel on a tulle stock I would,,but it was for hunting...still is..although I may have to sneak it thru a vous :wink: or two this year...while I'm havin a rifle built(by Roy! :thumbsup:) ...but,won't matter..much like my ne fowler it's won't be PC either (they'll both be leftys!)so..actually...unless they check the bore this will look pc...cause its a righty.(you don't even wanna know how that happened! :shake: ) but if I'm happy.then I'm happy! and thats what matters! :grin:

You did a great job Roy, the other builder left a lot of what in the construction trade call expansion gaps...

"unless they check the bore this will look pc"

I told ya we should not go here....that beautiful maple stock is about as unPC as ya can get with a French fusil...as I said it is a beautifull gun but let's no get into the PC thing and enjoy it as it is.

Is that what you call it (expansion gaps)?? :rotf: I came up with lots of things to call it while working on it.. :wink: Thanks for the compliments. :thumbsup:

RC said:
Okay ya got me! :( it are not PC...but I knew that afore I ordered it..

:grin: If'n you wanted a P/C gun you should've kept it as it was when ya first got it ..... I'd say that was Pretty Crude..... :rotf:

Back