• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Total Noob from E. Washington

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Avenger

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Hello! I am totally new to this forum and to ML in general. I have found a local mentor who has been showing me the ropes. I have recently purchased a T/C Renegade .54. Infact, its still being shipped. I am totally hooked on ML and the traditional way of living.

I have always had a fascination with the Mountain Man trapper, how he lived, what he did, etc. I live near Lewiston, ID and Clarkston, WA where Lewis and Clark came through. Not that that means anything to me other than history, but its pretty cool and fascinates me. I want to get into going to and participating in rendezvous and reenactments. I like the traditional way with modern things mixed in. Like my rifle, percussion cap, not flint. I have yet to shoot a flint. But its still traditional (sorta) and fun. I like to cast my own roundballs but I think I would enjoy it better using the ladle and single mold over the campfire.

I belong to other forums on the net such as DC.com and Modern Muzzleloader. I hope to learn a great deal more on the traditional way from here and hopefully make some good friends along the way. Thanks all.

Avenger

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, glad to meet you. Welcome to the forum. Like all of us before you, you are a novice; but that will change with time and experience. You can learn a lot just by reading old posts here. Good luck with your new rifle. Let us know how you like it.

Hello Avenger and welcome. I too am interested in the mountain mans way of life. I live in St Louis very close to where Lewis and Clark started their westward journey. The history of Sam and Jake Hawken interest me the most. You have come to the right place for information on traditional muzzle loaders and history. Hope you enjoy the forum and everything it has to offer.

Hawken Hunter 60

Welcome to the MLF Avenger! There are lots of friendly knowlegable folks here.I also like the fur trade era and go to as many rendezvoues that I can throughtout the year. Maybe some day we will bump into each other.

Back