• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Tool!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lets put a hole in it's skull and let the EVIL spirits out!!!

Sorry, shouldnt have encouraged him... :youcrazy: ::

Now boys, you know this is Merica, and here we take every good idea and put a spin on it.

The folks that make cleaning supplies got to feed their families, too. If we didn't have rifling to hold all that fouling there'd be 90% less call for cotton patching and powder solvents. Think of the streets filled with displaced milliners and chemists! Revolutions, revolts, mayhem.

No, rifling is like the automobile. Blessing or curse, it's ingrained into society and now we can't just ignore it.

No, rifling is like the automobile. Blessing or curse, it's ingrained into society and now we can't just ignore it.

No, but we can distort it...

Since we be in the smoothbore section, bad riflings, bad, bad... :nono:

Well Stumpy, yous a-right 'bout all them fellers 'n' ladies what makes they livin' offa cleanin' products! I guess I didn't a-think o' them....They gotta eat too I reckon. However, I still don't see no good reason fur ruinin' a perfect, be-you-tee-ful bore with a buncha deep, ugly, twisty scratches! :nono: As far as I's corncerned, anyone what uses a rifled piece is a-just askin' fur trouble, what with all them extry places fur glowin' embers ta hide 'n' all. Oh well, I reckon progress has gotta keep on a-progressin', but I ain't gots ta like it! :m2c: :thumbsup:

'Ya can't blame them, any more than you can blame a preacher fer sin.

It were like the snake in The Garden. First 'ya rifle a barrel, then 'ya turn yer back on flint. FLINT! What had been our friend for 100,000 years! Next thing 'ya got little metal caps and then peeper scopes and soon traffic jams and lite beer and AIDS.

Guns was around for 500 years and you never hears tell of no one robbin a bank until they rifled the pistol barrels and made 'em cap guns. No sir.

Man fell out of Grace when he rifled that first barrel.

Amen ta that, my God-fearin', smoothbore-totin' brother :master:!!!
Them's truly words o' wisdom! WORDS O' WISDOM I tells ye!!! :thumbsup:

-------------------

I've been saying "under God" in the pledge since I was knee-high to a puppy, and I'm NOT gonna stop now! :master: :master: :thumbsup:

My musket balls spin due to the Coriolis Effect...

Well, maybe not that much...

Please, sir! This here's a family-oriented site! If'n I wants ta hear 'bout how somebody's coriolis affects somebody else's balls I'll go to one o' them newfangled "adult" sites! Dagnabbit!!! :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :thumbsup:

Dont worry gentlemen. Just like the metallic cartridge, its only a passing fad. Just wait till the novelty wears off.

Ach du lieber! It's a cornspiracy!! Just when I figured out how to lob them round balls along somebody thinks up rifling! Jeepers! :rolleyes:

Please, sir! This here's a family-oriented site! If'n I wants ta hear 'bout how somebody's coriolis affects somebody else's balls I'll go to one o' them newfangled "adult" sites! Dagnabbit!!! :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :thumbsup:

Adult site, indeed...
:rolleyes:
Coriolis Effect:
Coriolis effect is an inertial force described by the 19th-century French engineer-mathematician Gustave-Gaspard Coriolis in 1835. Coriolis showed that, if the ordinary Newtonian laws of motion of bodies are to be used in a rotating frame of reference, an inertial force--acting to the right of the direction of body motion for counterclockwise rotation of the reference frame or to the left for clockwise rotation--must be included in the equations of motion.

The effect of the Coriolis force is an apparent deflection of the path of an object that moves within a rotating coordinate system. The object does not actually deviate from its path, but it appears to do so because of the motion of the coordinate system.

Musketman, I stand corrected! I knew I shoulda paid more attention in physics class.... :thumbsup:

And then there is the Avoirdupolis Effect, which states that if two round lead balls leave at the same time yet manage to arrive on target at the same moment, the heavier of the two is better. :winking:

Musketman, I stand corrected! I knew I shoulda paid more attention in physics class.... :thumbsup:

No big deal, you were temporarily stunned by the evil ways of riflings...

Back