• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Took me a while!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Blackburn

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

After 3 weeks and about 8 emails to/from the moderator (thanks bro!), I'm finally here.

I'm Greg, and I've been a muzzle loader since 1994 when I bought a CVA Bobcat .50 caplock. It was a bargain basement rifle, but I added a synthetic ramrod, musket cap nipple, and TC adjustable sights. I eventually got it to be reliable even in fog but I've always wanted a flintlock so last week I found a .54 TC I really liked, haven't gotten it yet but I did just order about $80.00 worth of accessories...I hope the FFF Goex powder I still have is OK.

I'm also a pro ski instructor and beginner skydiver. If anyone wants to stay in a nice ski condo at Winterplace Ski Resort, drop me a line, I've nearly finished renovating mine.

Eager to get advice on flintlocking!

Oh, I forgot. I'm 37 years old, single, from West Virginia, and enjoy walks in the park and paddle boat rides, social drinker, do not smoke, and like women with......LOL!

Hello, welcome to the forum! Your powder should be OK as long as it has been sealed up. I have powder from the early 1900s that is good as ever.

I remember skydiving. "Arch thousand, look thousand, reach thousand, pull thousand".

Glad to have you here. Bill

Back