• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Took a decent Doe before dark today, .58cal Early Virginia

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roundball

Cannon
Reaction score
11/25/14
Doe at 45 yards
.58cal Early Virginia Flintlock
100grns Goex 2F
OxYoke OP wad
.028” Pillow Ticking / NL1000
Hornady .570” 100% lead ball

Shot into the front point of her right shoulder, took out the vertebrae, dropped in her tracks.
No ball recovered as it made a complete pass-through out her left side.
Delivered it to the needy family I give them to”¦just in time for Thanksgiving.

Thanks for the kind words all...been few and far between sightings for me these past couple years.
A huge 60-80 acre block was clear cut 1/2 mile down the road year before last and it seems like it's changed the numbers & patterns in the little woodlot I have to hunt...just not seeing the numbers moving through the big Oak flat like I'm used to.
But there are still some acorns on the ground under all the leaves...hopefully that'll draw the occasional Doe in the weeks ahead and I might then see another Buck in the brief late December rut.
( if I don't lose to the siren song of the electric blanket and coffee by the fire, LOL )

Good job,and i like that rifle.My little patch of woods are getting smaller too ,the people that raise the grain on each side bush the fields a little wider every couple yrs.I can't seem to do any good hunting the big woods any more.

:hatsoff: Congratulations!

Very kind to help a family in need.

Silex

Congrats and Happy Thanksgiving.

If I moved close to you and became a member of a needy family, I could save a lot of ammo and time and still get my favorite meal ... venison. :grin:

Congrats getting some backstrap ready to put in the smoker for thanksgiving feast.Enjoy gods gift

Back