• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Tomorrow is our whitetail opener

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skychief

69 Cal.
Reaction score
Getting some things prepped for our gun opener tomorrow.

Coffee Thermos. Check.
Longbow stored away. Check.
Wool socks. Check.
Silly orange hat. Check.
Smoothbore. Check.

Put me in coach, I'm ready to play.

Good luck to all with openers tomorrow as well. Be safe.

Best regards, Skychief.

Best of luck to all. We have had an archery season and rifle season is underway. I cannot shoot a rifle on my property and I do not shoot does on my property so I just bow-hunt bucks. I am looking forward to hunting where I can send a PRB towards whatever deer shows up. That should happen this weekend.

Getting some things prepped for our gun opener tomorrow.

Coffee Thermos. Check.
Longbow stored away. Check.
Wool socks. Check.
Silly orange hat. Check.
Smoothbore. Check.

Put me in coach, I'm ready to play.

Good luck to all with openers tomorrow as well. Be safe.

Best regards, Skychief.

Don't want to be a wise guy but, you forgot to Check rifle and shooting bag. I left my powder horn at home once.

I'm already! I got my 45 cal flinter already to go. Good luck Skychief and to Everyone else going out tomorrow.
Stay Safe! :)

Our late muzzle loader deer opened today I think, or yesterday, (Washington State) but, can't go out until Friday.

In which case: Triple decker Turkey sandwich. CHECK! Coffee: OF COURSE! (I like to brew up a cup in my canteen cup around ten.)

This year late archery and late M.L. are running at the same time. Archers nor muzzle loaders have to wear any silly orange. Only the modern boys. That's good, I was hunting bear last week during late modern deer season, and felt silly dressed in blaze orange. Anytime you hunt here while a modern season is in progress, you have to wear a silly-vest. They won't let you by with just a hat.

Them modern hunters must think people taste good, or it's very had to distinguish a deer, elk, cougar or bear from a people. ???

I will be heading to deer camp Sunday for the first day of centerfire rifle buck season here in Pa. But Ill be carrying my flintlock. Ill have to wear orange during that two week season but ill save two tags for the flintlock season that starts the day after Christmas. Thats the best hunting when I don't have look like a pumpkin in the woods. Good luck to all, and good hunting.

This Saturday for Maryland the weather is supposed to bit nasty ,that's great all the really large bucks that I have harvested has been in bad weather. Good hunting and be safe to all in the creators wilderness.

I will be heading to deer camp Sunday for the first day of centerfire rifle buck season here in Pa. But Ill be carrying my flintlock. Ill have to wear orange during that two week season but ill save two tags for the flintlock season that starts the day after Christmas. Thats the best hunting when I don't have look like a pumpkin in the woods. Good luck to all, and good hunting.
Yes, sometimes I hunt during a modern season, with a modern-season-firearm-friend, always take at the least a percussion gun, but usually my Jeager.

Latest posts

Back