• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Tommy from Sweden

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sr500

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello everybody.I think this forum seem nice and friendly.Nice talking to people with the same interest.My english is not that god, but i hope you understand me.I have just bought a Ardesa Patriot 45 cal cap and ball gun. I also have a 41 cal derringer. Regards. Tommy.

Dnepr 750 said:
Hello everybody.I think this forum seem nice and friendly.Nice talking to people with the same interest.My english is not that god, but i hope you understand me.I have just bought a Ardesa Patriot 45 cal cap and ball gun. I also have a 41 cal derringer. Regards. Tommy.

Welcome aboard Tommy! A big howdy from Texas! :hatsoff: And your english is fine amigo!

Davy

Tommy,
Welcome to the MLF, nice having you with
us. Lots of friendly and knowledgeable folks
here to help with your B/P questions. Visit often
and contribute when you can.
again welcome and stay active
I am snake-eyes :hatsoff:

Hi Tommy. Your english is fine, no worries. Over here, the Ardessa Patriot is known as the Traditions Trapper. I have one too. It's a nice gun! Welcome to MLF.

Welcome aboard!

How's the cross country skiing?

I miss it her in Korea. I'm stuck in the land of very cold in winter but never enough snow to get out on the XC skis. Kind of the worst of both worlds.

This forum is awesome with lots of very friendly folks. Very helpful.

Great to have you,
Doc

Hey, Tommy;

Welcome aboard! And relax, your English has got to be lots better than my Swedish!

Enjoy today,

Joel

Thanks all of you, for the varm velcome. And, Doc, you should be here in Sweden now, lots of snow and 15-20 c cold. You could ski, all day long. Regards.

Hi Tommy,
Nice to have more members from "hjältarnas och konungarnas land" (the country of heroes and kings). Take part as often you can. Photos is always appreciated. BTW. I mix 50/50 of "cocos-fett" and bee-wax for minie-bullets (as for Wrede-rifle) and fot patches I use plain water when target-shooting (not wintershooting though :grin: )
Regards,
ARILAR :grin: :thumbsup:

Micro?! You youngsters!! Try to get a "sauce-pan" like this:
IMG_1988.jpg

IMG_1989.jpg

Was used for melting glue in older days. The nearly boiling water melts your mix and can be kept in proper temperature while dipping minies and maxiballs.
Regards,

Yes, i am a 49 year of age youngster :) I think that a sauce-pot like that, cost like 2 micros.old copper things, its not cheap in Sweden.But a modern pot, on just low heat, could that work?

I know it! Then I am a year older (born 1956). Well, my mother always told me to use a "water-bath" (vattenbad). In that way you avoid the mix to boil. BTW. Copper is cheap today (not as in the 70s). Got my "glue-melter" for $4.
Regards,

I have to keep my eyes open, maybe i could get me one of those pots.Regards.

Back