• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Toledo, OH area

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey, all! Long time listener, first time caller lol. I'm an Ohioan, lived here my whole life (aside from 6 misguided years with the US Army). Started shooting ML guns when I was 15, when my parents gifted me a .50 Traditions import Flintlock .

All in all, I've built about 30 guns over the last 8 years or so, most of them were sold. I generally make hunting Germanic/Austrian architecture rifles and Smoothbores (although SMR and scheutzen style stocks are worming their way into my interests, lately). The rifles are normally Bullet-rifles, and many of the Smooths were reamed and tapped for modern chokes (why not?). Most of the Stocks are my own laminates (Hey- Maple, with Bloodwood and Ironwood stripes looks nice lol) . Wife and I moved up to the Toledo area a few years ago, started our own veg. and fruit farm, been primarily focused on getting it up and running. Had to leave a lot of the tools I was using with my family, as they were theirs lol; and hopefully next year (2022) I can get my shop set up again and start turning out guns in the winter months.

Current personal rainy day project: reprofiling that 26", 1"Oct Traditions barrel to Oct-round, tapered; making a cheap stock for it (an experimental $23 plywood stock, just to see how it'd go, it's turning out pretty good, not pretty by any imagination lol), and getting it up to my standards (original lock placement was horrible, ended up gas-cutting a gouge in the bottom of the pan lol). Barrel's inlet, Rammer's channel's inlet, Stocks mostly shaped. just need to get/make furniture, useful sights, and finish inletting the lock parts!

Welcome from Pennsylvania. Sounds like you could make a lot more contributions to this site than I can.
6 years!?...guess you're a faster learner than I was. What did you do in the big green machine?

Welcome from Pennsylvania. Sounds like you could make a lot more contributions to this site than I can.
6 years!?...guess you're a faster learner than I was. What did you do in the big green machine?
Thanks. Haha, Engineers. That moment when you get somewhere and start looking around like... I f'd up lol 🤣

Congrats on all your ML projects over the years. Sounds like you keep busy. My condolences on being in Ohio. I'm originally an Ohio farm kid but I came to my senses, bailed out and been in the Bitterroot Valley of western Montana for over 30 years. Have never looked back.

Congrats on all your ML projects over the years. Sounds like you keep busy. My condolences on being in Ohio. I'm originally an Ohio farm kid but I came to my senses, bailed out and been in the Bitterroot Valley of western Montana for over 30 years. Have never looked back.
Montana is some pretty country. Was up there a couple years ago to pickup an F250/7.3L that I won at an online auction. Ended up doing some site seeing with my boys and grandson.
I'm in south central Colorado at the foothills of the Sangre DeCristo Mountains. We sit at 7350".

My condolences on being in the Toledo area ;) ;) 😁. My wife is from southwest Ohio and I lived there for a few years. Found her in a cornfield. I took the girl from Ohio but can't get the Ohio out of her.
It's like that John Denver song: "Saturday night, in Toledo, Ohio is like being nowhere at all..." lol But the real question is: were you supposed to be on a date in a different one, and got mixed up on which field it was?🤠 happens all the time lol 🤣

Last edited:
Welcome, from another Buckeye. ---- If you are looking for a muzzle-loading group to rendezvous with check out Jennings Creek Rendezvous in Van Wert, Ohio. I have been there once. I plan to return this September. They are a nice bunch.

Latest posts

Back