• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

To sign or NOT to sign, that is the question?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally I liked the 2 feathers which was engraved on the blade of the great nessmuk knife I purchased, very unique. as most master craftsmen use a stamp, this is a individual mark that shows some thought went into it. Post a diagram of your new stamp I would like to see it. Hunting season is just around the corner for me and I will use that knife as I am sure it will be a trusted field companion, also started working on a mule deer antelope hunt for 2021 it will go to Wyoming with me.

Mountain Man, you have two qualities I admire and aspire to. Humility and pride in your work. I have just visited your online shop and would love a dream catcher and a small possibles bag. I don’t aspire to be a ‘mountain man’ I just like good stuff. God bless you too friend.

appalichian hunter:
Thank you for your comment and your very nice appreciation of my work, I'm humbled.
In response to your request, here's the new Makers Mark stamp I have coming. It may be a bit Mundane? But in the future, I'll continue to "Etch" my 2 Feathers on any blade that I can get it to fit on as well as stamping it with this MM.
God bless:
Two Feathers

Attachments

• thumbnail.png
    thumbnail.png
    749.6 KB · Views: 86
appalichian hunter:
Thank you for your comment and your very nice appreciation of my work, I'm humbled.
In response to your request, here's the new Makers Mark stamp I have coming. It may be a bit Mundane? But in the future, I'll continue to "Etch" my 2 Feathers on any blade that I can get it to fit on as well as stamping it with this MM.
God bless:
Two Feathers

Excellent work sir.

I love it and I think it's a great size and design for a Maker's Mark. I think the only thing that I'd add to it.... though it's not necessary. .. is in the text "two feathers" directly under the feathers.

I will be looking for the two feathers mark!

Excellent work sir.

I love it and I think it's a great size and design for a Maker's Mark. I think the only thing that I'd add to it.... though it's not necessary. .. is in the text "two feathers" directly under the feathers.

I will be looking for the two feathers mark!
Half-Cocked:
Thank you...Odd though, The text is the very thing I had the shop leave OFF!! I didn't want it to look "21st. century Manufactured." Originally it looked like this. It's too late now, It's already made and on it's way. :(
Thanks again.
God bless:
Two Feathers

Attachments

• Two Feathers logo edited.jpg
    Two Feathers logo edited.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 128
Half-Cocked:
Thank you...Odd though, The text is the very thing I had the shop leave OFF!! I didn't want it to look "21st. century Manufactured." Originally it looked like this. It's too late now, It's already made and on it's way. :(
Thanks again.
God bless:
Two Feathers

Get you a nice file an file the words off it. She's a duzzy. I like your new mark. That's all you need. Two feathers means 'Two Feathers'. Love it.

Get you a nice file an file the words off it. She's a duzzy. I like your new mark. That's all you need. Two feathers means 'Two Feathers'. Love it.
Hey Bob:
Thanks buddy., I have to agree with the 2 feathers means Two Feathers!! There are no words. The one you saw with the text, is the one I designed the stamp from, minus the words. Now I'm curious about what everybody else thinks? I'm not looking to start another "landslide opinion poll", just curious?
I'm anxious to get it. Hopefully in another week or so?
God bless:
Two Feathers

Hey Bob:
Thanks buddy., I have to agree with the 2 feathers means Two Feathers!! There are no words. The one you saw with the text, is the one I designed the stamp from, minus the words. Now I'm curious about what everybody else thinks? I'm not looking to start another "landslide opinion poll", just curious?
I'm anxious to get it. Hopefully in another week or so?
God bless:
Two Feathers

I see. Running my yap before I digested your whole post. I get that way late of an evening. It’s the Dunhill My Mixture 965 in the old pipe. Gets my blood up.... love the new stamp brother.

Howdy folks:
Thank you folks, for all you very nice comments and input, but now I have another question? Is anyone else have the devil of a time that I'm having getting packages delivered by the USPS? I'm paying extra for 3 day Priority Mail service plus insurance and it's STILL taking 2 and 3 weeks to get a package delivered! I think the USPS is just using this virus manure as an excuse to be lazier than normal and collect a federal paycheck without doing anything? I know if I had been as lax at my job as they are, I'd have been looking for a new job QUICK!!!!
The Tracking is USELESS! It just says my package is in transit and arriving later than expected?? No kidding!! 3 weeks for a 3 day delivery!?
There's no point to giving tracking numbers if they don't do squat!
I'm about ready to go out of business. I sure can't charge UPS or FedEx prices, NO one would buy from me.
God bless:
Two Feathers

I sign what I make. It may be small and inconspicuous, but it's there. I also put the year because when I'm replicating 18th century ( especially on my powder horns and bags) I don't want them mistaken for the Antique they replicate. Also, we put allot of work into our crafts So.... My opinion is sign it, or raise the price to account for them getting the credit.

Half-Cocked:
Thanks again.
God bless:
Two Feathers
I get it now! Yes you are the 100 percent correct and I am certain your customers your customers appreciate it!

Looking at them both it’s hard to decide however the one without text is very classy and classic! Good work!

Howdy folks:
Thank you folks, for all you very nice comments and input, but now I have another question? Is anyone else have the devil of a time that I'm having getting packages delivered by the USPS? I'm paying extra for 3 day Priority Mail service plus insurance and it's STILL taking 2 and 3 weeks to get a package delivered! I think the USPS is just using this virus manure as an excuse to be lazier than normal and collect a federal paycheck without doing anything? I know if I had been as lax at my job as they are, I'd have been looking for a new job QUICK!!!!
The Tracking is USELESS! It just says my package is in transit and arriving later than expected?? No kidding!! 3 weeks for a 3 day delivery!?
There's no point to giving tracking numbers if they don't do squat!
I'm about ready to go out of business. I sure can't charge UPS or FedEx prices, NO one would buy from me.
God bless:
Two Feathers

not too bad here in Michigan however everything is usually a day late than the delivery date.
You are correct about the virus used as an excuse sir! That and the oh we are going broke excuse! Going broke?! The Same package that used to ship for 4.85 flat fee is now a whopping 7.50 that increases the price significantly and makes it hard to make a buck!
Recently I sold something on an auction site and from a 80 dollar sale I received 35 dollars after fees an shipping. Shipping cost a whopping 35 dollars from Michigan to a suburb of Seattle!

I sign what I make. It may be small and inconspicuous, but it's there. I also put the year because when I'm replicating 18th century ( especially on my powder horns and bags) I don't want them mistaken for the Antique they replicate. Also, we put allot of work into our crafts So.... My opinion is sign it, or raise the price to account for them getting the credit.
Realwarrior:
Thank you for your time, much appreciated. I'm certainly no Wick Ellerbe, but I try. I'm not very good at the PC thing I guess. I like to try and "copy" works from history books, but I don't always get it perfect. My Cartouche's are very close, minus the hammer forged bolsters.
Anyway, thank you again for your time to comment.
God bless:
Two Feathers

I get it now! Yes you are the 100 percent correct and I am certain your customers your customers appreciate it!

Looking at them both it’s hard to decide however the one without text is very classy and classic! Good work!
Half-Cocked:
Thanks, I'm somewhat of a Minimalist?? I like things plain and simple. Fancy certainly has it's place, but I'm not one to go overboard on "Fancy."
I'm glad (as a consumer) you approve of the simplicity of my stamp. The "2" Feathers have been my logo for quite awhile.
I got the name Two Feathers "hung" on me back in the 70's during a Living History exhibit that I was part of. I don't know if you can see the 2 feathers in my hat in my Avatar or not?

I have a full stamp that I designed years ago for use on my leather goods, but like I stated previously, it looks too "21st. century manufactured." for me.
Thanks again for participating in my opinion poll.
God bless:
Two Feathers

not too bad here in Michigan however everything is usually a day late than the delivery date.
You are correct about the virus used as an excuse sir! That and the oh we are going broke excuse! Going broke?! The Same package that used to ship for 4.85 flat fee is now a whopping 7.50 that increases the price significantly and makes it hard to make a buck!
Recently I sold something on an auction site and from a 80 dollar sale I received 35 dollars after fees an shipping. Shipping cost a whopping 35 dollars from Michigan to a suburb of Seattle!
Half-Cocked:
Thanks. I'm getting very mad. I have a knife going to Texas from here in Pa. that left on the 7th. of August, and STILL isn't there. It was a 3 day priority mail package WITH insurance. I believe exactly what I said... the PO is using this Virus pandemic to ease off on their responsibility to do their jobs! If the package IS being scanned at each sorting facility, then it should show up in the tracking? My package just keeps saying that it departed my local post office and is in transit, but it never says WHERE in transit it is. You can't tell me that it hasn't stopped somewhere at one of the PO's and gotten scanned?
Sorry for the rant, but I'm NOT happy over this. The real rub is, the PO has been doing this kind of manure for at least the last 15 years that I know of for sure!!
God bless:
Two Feathers

Back