To Post Pics ...

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements & Support' started by AZbpBurner, Mar 1, 2019.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum by donating:

1. Mar 1, 2019 #1

AZbpBurner

AZbpBurner

AZbpBurner

54 Cal.

I am a member of some other forums that have provision to directly post pictures from .jpg files in my computer without need to use those timewasting and irksome photo hosting sites.

In a rare flash of brilliance, I decided to try this: Copy photo, then paste directly into the text. Maybe this is already known to some of you, however, over the years, when asked to post pics on a subject, I was only told to do the photo hosting routine. This is Much Easier!

*** Very nice image of a lovely cat removed at the request of the poster - Kitty had a return address. ***

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2019
  2. Mar 1, 2019 #2

Black Hand

Black Hand

Black Hand

Cannon

You might want to black out your address and phone number clearly visible on the tag...

3. Mar 2, 2019 #3

Zonie

Zonie

Zonie

Moderator Staff Member MLF Supporter

Yes. The old forum software was really hard to use to get a picture into a post.
    With the new software you can COPY and PASTE the picture directly into your post.

If you don't want to do that you can select the "Upload a File" button and find the picture in your computer or wherever it is stored.
    Then,"Open" it and our software will copy it and give you the choice of how you want to show it.

If it is a really big picture select the "Thumbnail". That will enter a small copy of the picture that others can click on to open it.
    If it isn't really too large for the screen you can pick the full size and it will show up full size in your post.

Much better than the old method.

Of course, if you still want to use some picture you've stored in one of the web photo storing sites you can still use that old method by copying the BBCode address and entering it into your post.

4. Mar 2, 2019 #4

AZbpBurner

AZbpBurner

AZbpBurner

54 Cal.

I'll try again - this time with the direct link to my computer photo files
    ... never mind, it only asks for an url - no access to select from a folder.

upload_2019-3-2_12-25-39.png

5. Mar 2, 2019 #5

Zonie

Zonie

Zonie

It looks like you have a Siamese Seal Point and a Siamese Blue Point to me so, something worked.

You should have poked the "Upload a File" button like I'm going to do now.

That opened a window that is titled "Open" and it shows a bunch of the various files I have in the Web folder I have in my computer. It's waiting for me to highlight one of them with my mouse.

itty-bit-016-WEB.jpg

I highlghted "Itty-Bit" and poked the Open button. The MLF copied the image and waited for me to select either Thumbnail or Full Size.
    I selected Full Size and, POOF, there she is.

I then, just to do it a little differently, poked the "Upload a File" button.
    Again, it opened the "Open" window showing the stuff in my Web folder.
    I didn't want to load anything from that folder so I clicked on the text bar in the little window that said I was in the Web folder. That brought up all of the file areas in my computer so I selected Photos, dug thru all of the photo files until I found Kahfre and highlighted it. Poking the Open button the forum copied the picture and waited for me to select either the Thumbnail or Full Size option.
    Selecting the Full Size option, POOF. There's my wives Abyssinian cat. :)

Khafre-004EMAIL.jpg

Angie likes this.
  6. Apr 24, 2019 #6

Ames

Ames

Ames

45 Cal. MLF Supporter

The horned toad says we should go to Mexico.
    Still trying to get the hang of this computer stuff. Ophelia is guiding me through it now. Kids.:rolleyes:
    [​IMG]2018 12 25_0303 by Ames, on Flickr

7. Apr 25, 2019 #7

WRustyLane

WRustyLane

WRustyLane

32 Cal.

Think I should give it a try. IMG_2443.JPG Well, how about that! It worked! After hitting "Upload a File" the program went to my computer files. I chose the photos on my computer and viola, it loaded. Then I chose "Full Image" and it loaded my HO engine photo. Works great!

Angie likes this.
  8. Apr 25, 2019 #8

Ames

Ames

Ames

45 Cal. MLF Supporter

The horned toad says we should go to Mexico.
    This is terrible. I'm learning something at my age. Shhhh. Don't tell the wife.;)

Shot deer and Angie like this.
  9. Apr 26, 2019 #9

Zonie

Zonie

Zonie

See? It isn't so hard after all.

A EMD NW2 switcher if I'm not mistaken !!
    Looks like it's led a rough life. Probably used on the "Po Boy & Southern" railroad during WW II? :D :)

Angie likes this.
  10. Apr 26, 2019 #10

WRustyLane

WRustyLane

WRustyLane

32 Cal.

Actually it is an EMD SW1. Note the tool box in the very front of the engine. Yes, this engine has served the railroad faithfully. I highly weathered it so it looked like it served sometime in the mid 40's. I haven't decaled it yet as I'm waiting on some Central of Georgia decals. I model the Central of Georgia but I permit Southern, Norfolk Southern, Norfolk Western, TAG, Central Tennessee and Louisville and Nashville to run on my lines. This is my second hobby besides muzzle loading and fur trade era.

11. Jun 27, 2019 #11

Rudyard

Rudyard

Rudyard

40 cal - b

Dear Zonie how do I PM private Message a fellow forum member ? Eterry in particular Regards Rudyard

12. Jun 27, 2019 #12

Zonie

Zonie

Zonie

The easiest way to PM someone is to find a post that they have made.

Put your cursor over their picture or over the place their picture would be if they had an avatar. Click to select the area.
    That will open a black window that has several choices in it. Choose the one that says, "Start a Conversation". (I am on a computer so I usually left click the Start a Conversation and then open it in a new tab. That way I can easily go back to the forum topic I am in.)

The very first thing to do after you get into the Conversation window is to give the PM a title in the box that is provided. Then go right below it and start writing your message.

If you want, you can choose the "Upload a File" button to add pictures while your writing.

Once you've finished poke the blue "Start a Conversation" button under the typing window.

Keep an eye on the envelope in the upper right hand area of the screen. If there is a red number in it, it indicates you have that many new messages so, hold your cursor over the envelope to see what's there. If you want to see all of your messages choose that option at the bottom of the little pop up window.

Angie likes this.
  13. Jun 27, 2019 #13

Rudyard

Rudyard

Rudyard

40 cal - b

Thank you for that info Regards Rudyard