• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

To Interoduce myself.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T. A. Brown

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Howdy all, I would like to say hi to one and all. This is all new to me with sites like this so bare with me, I sure don't want right off the bat to get one of them thar emails telling me that is a no NO.
My name is Tim A. Brown I live in Ellis Idaho with my wife, 4 horses, 3 dogs and two cats ... and (deer, elk, yotes, wolves, mtn. sheep, moose, eagles and all the country that goes with them. To clera fi the deer elk etc. they wonder by from time to time they aren't pets.
I've been building custom muzzle loaders since the early 60's and for the past 5 + years many people have asked me to pass on some of the knowledge I have of this art. As I build my custom rifles (by hand) many people have wanted to know simpler ways and what kind of tools one would use to make a hand made rifle. Please understand I do not make the barrels or locks, I do sometimes do hand made triggers. My engraving and carving and other gingerbread is followed very closely to the old masters.
Guess that takes care of all that. Claude I guess it is time I finally do as you suggested many moons ago to pass on to others what I know and have learned over the years.
Thanks and talk at ya later ... Tim (bear1st)

Tim, welcome to the camp. Are you the same Tim Brown that used to live here in the Roseberg-Sutherlin area? If so, i have heard that you do some real nice work. A guy i met on this here internet thing had a rifle built by that fella. He was real happy with it. Again, welcome, and join in whenever you can. We can all learn something from you i am sure.

Oh Oh I been caught ... yea I'm the used to be Roseburg, then Sutherlin Oregon Tim Brown. My wife and I owned this place over here and decided to relocate in cowboy country. But had to make sure and bring our PC along too. Thanks for the roses....I try and to the best I can it is a labor of love for me. Keep ye powder dry and the wind at your back. Tim/bear1st :thumbsup:

Bear1st: Welcome to the camp.
It's great to have another builder here, but by all means, don't limit yourself to just that area. We have so many different forums covering so many different areas that I know you will be able to contribute in them as well.
IMO no one can be around muzzleloaders without learning things about shooting, collecting, restoring, cleaning,... which can be passed on to all of those people who are new to the game and to all of those people who are not so new to the game too! :)

Howdy and thanks for the welcome to camp. Yes you are so right about the passing on of things we as lovers of front stuffers. I also love to learn about all that goes with shooting, restoring ect. Any way thanks and I will see ya around camp from time to time. Keep ye powder dry and the wind at ye back

Tim/bear1st

:shake: No I live over close to the Montana line, in the Pahsimeroi Valley at the foot of the Lemhi Mt. range and only 1/2 mile from the Salmon river. The town :: of Ellis is the post office, We all go down in the spring to see the P.O. get a new coat of paint and sit around and watch the paint dry. :D any way thats me story and im asticken to it. ::

Keep ye powder dry and the wind at ye back.

Tim/bear1st :thumbsup:

Welcome Tim...

I'm glad you finally joined us.

For those who don't know Tim, he's one fine rifle maker. He handcrafted me a Lancaster style flintlock that has served me well for years. :)

Welcome Tim - oops, I mean bear1st :)

Nice to put an identity to the website I have visited and admired before. You can camp by our fire as long as you like and we look forward to seeing some more of your creations in our Photo section! :thumbsup:

LEJ

Thanks Claud, it took me some time to finally do it but here I am.
Once more Thanks for every thing you have done to have this camp were we can go! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Tim/bear1st

bear1st
glad you have decided to join us. sounds as though you have a lot of information to pass along. looking forward to it.

I am snake-eyes :peace: :) :thumbsup:

Welcome Tim. Glad to have another mastah gunbuilder here with us. :master:

Howdy all, I would like to say hi to one and all. This is all new to me with sites like this so bare with me, I sure don't want right off the bat to get one of them thar emails telling me that is a no NO.
My name is Tim A. Brown I live in Ellis Idaho with my wife, 4 horses, 3 dogs and two cats ... and (deer, elk, yotes, wolves, mtn. sheep, moose, eagles and all the country that goes with them. To clera fi the deer elk etc. they wonder by from time to time they aren't pets.
I've been building custom muzzle loaders since the early 60's and for the past 5 + years many people have asked me to pass on some of the knowledge I have of this art. As I build my custom rifles (by hand) many people have wanted to know simpler ways and what kind of tools one would use to make a hand made rifle. Please understand I do not make the barrels or locks, I do sometimes do hand made triggers. My engraving and carving and other gingerbread is followed very closely to the old masters.
Guess that takes care of all that. Claude I guess it is time I finally do as you suggested many moons ago to pass on to others what I know and have learned over the years.
Thanks and talk at ya later ... Tim (bear1st)
Howdy and welcome from South Carolina!!!

Back