• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

To do with a flask

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm working on a new bag, i want to use a flask with it, one of those with rings for suspending it. Would you use cord or thongs attached directy to the bag strap, or a separate strap or cord to hold the flask alone?

Of the four bags in my shop, three have horns attached to the bag straps. The fourth bag is on a separate strap from the horn.

Lawrence old bean, You must have a long lanyard if you can sit on the flask ! I trust its Green correct colour for flasks .Something to do with St Barbara patron saint of gunners mine sits just below my armpit no further down than the lowest rib. its just about 6 "over all. The flask not the rib ,eh
Cheers Rudyard

Lawrence old bean, You must have a long lanyard if you can sit on the flask ! I trust its Green correct colour for flasks .Something to do with St Barbara patron saint of gunners mine sits just below my armpit no further down than the lowest rib. its just about 6 "over all. The flask not the rib ,eh
Cheers Rudyard
I didn't know there was a correct colour for flask straps.
I am, again, humbled by your knowledge.
If there was a smilie thingy to show "hat's off" I would stick it here.

K. Voluntier....If the flask will be hung out side the shot pouch in the weather , it must be a water proof flask. ? Sorry I had to ask a stupid question. It's just that all of my old Italian made flasks aren't of a waterproof type and would be stored inside the pouch.....oldwood

No flask for me, but I have my horns attached to the strap on a couple of bags. And not strapped on one. Strapped seems to stay out of your way a little better then free. When bending over or maneuvering through thicker woods

Back