• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

To bend your barrel or not that is the question?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just felt like posting a pic....this is the fowler I bent the barrel on today.....

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
I've never understood why it's such a debate. Folks that haven't done it can write a small term paper on why it won't work.....folks that have just say "yep, works great" :thumb:
Yup! Have been saying that here for YEARS myself! I soooooo wish we could get the nay-sayers to STOP posting about things they don’t know and/or haven’t done … LOL!

Here is an example setup, and is how I do it; this one here by Daryl. NOTE that even with the amount of the deflection shown, the barrel did NOT move one iota! It needed more bend to move the impact.

06580DC8-D5FE-46FA-9D8A-8A8B75C9FF8E.jpeg

Yup! Have been saying that here for YEARS myself! I soooooo wish we could get the nay-sayers to STOP posting about things they don’t know and/or haven’t done … LOL!

Here is an example setup, and is how I do it; this one here by Daryl. NOTE that even with the amount of the deflection shown, the barrel did NOT move one iota! It needed more bend to move the impact.

View attachment 216593

I soooooo wish we could get the nay-sayers to STOP posting about things they don’t know and/or haven’t done … LOL!
Amen brother, Amen.

Not just the bending thing…but most factory barrels have some degree of Run-out also. Where the hole in the barrel is not perfectly centered.

They ID the run-out and make that the bottom of the barrel. That way you can correct for it with front sight height.

I was told the difference between standard and premium barrels with some makers is the premium tubes have no Run-out.

Back