• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Titanium Cannon

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weren't steel barrel liners used (required?) in more modern attempts to use titanium in firearms?
That's what I was also told by one of the modern revolver mfrs. I think it was Smith and Wesson. I asked why the steel liner in the barrel and was told that the titanium would sheer off the titanium rifling.

Someone may have some explaining to do. Frankly I don't mind if it becomes available for purchase, in the right forum. I'd like to see a titanium hand gonne too

Someone may have some explaining to do. Frankly I don't mind if it becomes available for purchase, in the right forum. I'd like to see a titanium hand gonne too
I would not mind that either, except we do have members here that are in business and pay a fee to use the vendors showcase and every one of them are also supporting (yearly) contributors. The other ads we see here are sponsors and monetary contributors to help keep the lights on for us. It is not cheap keeping a busy forum up and running.. Servers, bandwidth, software and software support all cost money.
Alexandre wants to to be riding the bus for free. At the very least, he needs to join as a paying member.
If he wants to tout his commercial products he needs to pay up and do it in the vendors section.

Last edited:
Judging from this and posts on two other forums, it seems this whole thread is just a marketing run by a commercial manufacturer.
I would not mind that either, except we do have members here that are in business and pay a fee to use the vendors showcase and every one of them are also supporting (yearly) contributors. The other ads we see here are sponsors and monetary contributors to help keep the lights on for us. It is not cheap keeping a busy forum up and running.. Servers, bandwidth, software and software support all cost money.
Alexandre wants to to be riding the bus for free. At the very least, he needs to join as a paying member.
If he wants to tout his commercial products he needs to pay up and do it in the vendors section.
I thought you knew he was a retailer in the French town of Montargis.
- Artillery.Shop - Artillery Gun Manufacturer/
- Monsieur Alexandre Coratella (Montargis, 45200) : siret, TVA, adresse...
Activity start date: 01/01/2020
Siren code: 438998569
Address: 53 rue du Général Leclerc
45200 Montargis
Legal announcement published in the Bodacc n°20200014 of 21/01/2020
(BODACC allows the milestones in the life of a company to be made public).

So far, I've let this thread run because I considered it to be something that would be of interest.

As to whether the OP has dealings with or owns a company I don't see how discussing this adds any usable information about the cannon. If it continues, I'll either close or delete the thread.

Hmmmmmm interesting interpretation of "portable"
A cannon on a carriage is certainly designed to be portable. Even the big guns on rail cars were/are portable.
The cannons on sailing ships traveled the 7 seas, loaded and ready for action..

And I do agree with you, careful pixel examination of the titanium cannon rendition (observe the shadowing especially) clearly shows this is not an actual picture.
The reflection of the cannon is not a reflection, blow up the "picture" and it's clear that the reflection is an exact duplicate, he did not even bother to mirror image it (ie, the inscription on the muzzle is still right side up) So no, that is definitely not a photo. It's not even a particularly good rendition. And where is the fuse hole? I see a rear sight groove, but no vent hole.
Andre also mentions the first machining, but the trunion clearly shows a casting line.
The OP has also made a statement on the recoil of the piece, but no photographs of the actual alleged firing were offered.
I too would like to see more evidence of the actuality of this piece.
Titanium is about 30-40% lighter than steel, so the recoil would be proportionally increased.

Yes, well said.

I don’t remember titanium being used in the cannons this forum’s timeline deals with?
It isn't.
That said, the cannon in the photo does have more than a little resemblence to the cannons that were used during the forums time line.
The material is the major difference.
I decided to allow this thread to exist, just like I let other threads exist even though the guns they are talking about are made from stainless steel or modern mild steels like 12L14.

Back