• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Tired of looking at brass grommets...?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clyde - you've seen my responses. I bothered by many things that aren't PC/HC. :wink: :grin:

It's the little things that can make the biggest difference in an impression, especially when done for the public. Keep in mind, I do use artificial sinew, but not in items that are used in this hobby.

Black Hand said:
Clyde - you've seen my responses. I bothered by many things that aren't PC/HC. :wink: :grin:

It's the little things that can make the biggest difference in an impression, especially when done for the public. Keep in mind, I do use artificial sinew, but not in items that are used in this hobby.

I've seen what can happen when the little things are ignored...It's like an airplane....Without the safety wire and rivets to hold everything together, all the nuts and screws shake loose and fall apart over time. Resulting in a crash.

Even if one does not have the ability or the funds to do things 100% correct, we still need examples to go by.

I still have most of a roll of it I bought sometime in the late 1970s when it was the cat’s meow. Maybe I should use it on a project just to set everyone’s teeth on edge. :haha:

Colorado Clyde said:
Kansas Jake said:
I still have most of a roll of it I bought sometime in the late 1970s when it was the cat’s meow.

Me too.... :rotf:
I use it primarily to wrap thing I've glued with superglue - the heavy wax coating keeps the glue from sticking. I have used it to sew extra soles on 2 pairs of moccasins, but one pair is only worn at home and the other pair hasn't been worn in better than 10-15 years. It's fine if you can't see it, but I still use linen, silk, hemp or cotton for my projects. Why? Because I would know it was there...

The only thing I've used it for is sewing equipment my hawk wears when we are out hunting, it's one thing I've found that is tough enough to withstand his picking tendencies. Other than that it's the bane of historical correctness!!! Lol!

Nice work with the sewn and reinforced holes, but how about stitching canvas loops onto your tarp at different positions around the canvas? Any historical correctness to that idea? Doesn't seem particularly high-tech....

Back