• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Tips of hand gun shooting

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I sure have been enjoying Mike Luma's very well thought out and tested tips on accurate hand gun shooting. One I liked this issue in MB magazine was the concentration of finishing the shot (follow through) as opposed to only focusing on breaking the shot. Actually I believe if you can do the later you probably already have successfully accomplished the former.

I sure have been enjoying Mike Luma's very well thought out and tested tips on accurate hand gun shooting. One I liked this issue in MB magazine was the concentration of finishing the shot (follow through) as opposed to only focusing on breaking the shot. Actually I believe if you can do the later you probably already have successfully accomplished the former.

Hello,
I have also found "Follow Through"to be probably the singularly most effective and rewarding technique when shooting muzzle loading pistols and revolvers while also being the easiest to learn. Air pistols have a similarly slow "Lock Time" and consequently make ideal trainers for shooting muzzle loading pistols and revolvers.
Brian

One "trick" for follow-through is to place a dime on the front sight and not have it fall off when you are dry firing the pistol - this may not work with some revolver front sights as they are not flat across the top surface to support the dime.

Back