• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Tipi Trailer ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone have any photos of well thought out trailers for tipi poles and cover, and accessories?

Anybody know where a good used one is for sale?

A Friend of mine just had this one built...

50A7C5C2-84C7-4614-99CE-E4D8B0492223.jpeg

Not cheap , but should get er’ done.

This is just a suggested option that does not require a trailer.

I have an acquaintance who stopped using a trailer as it was great on the road, but the devil of a time getting it into and out of a campsite when the ground was soft and it was fully loaded. So he lessened his load, but still the trailer was a problem, and he didn't want to give up "teepee life". He has a roof rack on his AWD Subaru car (not SUV), but his lodge poles were strong but a tad flexible, and long. Even when he had them sticking backwards the legal limit, the upper portions were so far forward that he had clear view of them and bumps made the ends move, which he found distracting and disconcerting. He also wondered at highway speeds what the oncoming air would do with them. Sure, they likely would not break nor crack, but the movement and his concern over that, made it too distracting.

He had a trailer hitch, and put a "cargo carrier" into that to make up for the room he'd lose when he ditched the trailer. So he then moved the poles forward, and used a front canoe support on his front bumper. IF you don't need the trailer hitch for a cargo-carrier you could put such a support at both ends. What the support did was give him a place to cinch down the forward ends of this poles, instead of holding a canoe. He can put a cargo bag over top of the poles, centered on the roof rack, AND he can use the trailer hitch for his cargo carrier.

Here are two stock photos to help illustrate what I mean. Instead of a canoe you widen the top support with a 2x4 and voila, a place with support for your poles. You can't travel as "heavy" as with a small trailer, but it might work for you, and is rather inexpensive compared to a pole-trailer.

TRAILER HITCH SUPPORT.JPG

LD

Well I built a great trailer, finally got around to setting up the tipi.

Its too small.

Anyone with a bigger one looking to down size?

This is a 16 footer, seems about right for 2 people without a lot of extra gear.

I think I need a 20. Or 22.
20211225_144921.jpg

Latest posts

Back