• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Tip Curtis

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

52Bore

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Sad note posted on the NMLRA site of the passing of Tip Curtis.
For those that never met him, you missed an opportunity- for those that have, cherish the moments.

Very sorry to read this news. I too feel like I missed out on something great, always having wanted to get to his shop and meet him, and get a rifle. I've heard so many great things about him, truly a sore loss to our little community.

A very sad day in the muzzleloading world... We’ve lost another great one.

I was fortunate enough too have visited Mr. Tip at his shop in Cross Plains and at Friendship.

I had the pleasure of talking him on numerous occasions , in which it seemed as if I always came away learning something I didn’t know.
I wish I could have been around in his hey-day as a shooter, but at least I got too see the awards, ribbons, plaques and trophies and hear some of the stories..

RIP Mr. Tip ...you will be greatly missed.

My Condolences too the entire Curtis Family and Friends.

1942ADD1-1682-48DB-ACC9-05FBD6CDA5B8.jpeg

48B3EEBD-AA4C-4F5C-815C-271F79DE5F7B.png

I had the pleasure to meet Tip at his Frontier shop not to far from where I live.I purchased my first Muzzleloader from him,a .54 cal.
He was the type of man that you could listen to for hours. His vast knowledge was unbelievable and his willingness to share was second the none.I too was able to witnesses his collection of awards,pictures and targets he collected over the years. My only regret is that I wish that I had met him years ago.
A true Frontiersman that will surely be missed.
Prayers to the family as they navigate through this difficult time.
RIP Tipp.

Very sad news indeed. Tip was a great man and held in high regard throughout our muzzleloading community. RIP Tip
My condolences to the Curtis family in this difficult time.

I’m very sorry to hear this. I live close to the shop and visited often. Mr. Curtis treated me very well and I truly enjoyed the conversations we had through the years. I will miss him.

So sorry to hear this. Purchased 3 guns from Tip in the last few years and had several phone conversations with him. He always had time to talk and offer advice. Rest in peace Tip.

He made very good rifles at very good prices . . . His passing leaves a huge hole in vender row at Friendship. I loved going in his "booth" (more like a big garage) there and looking around and talking with him. Never bought one of his rifles, wish I had now . . . bought other things there . . . he will be missed.

Sorry to hear of Mr. Curtis passing neat fellow I always made a stop at his venue when at Fort Frederick market faire a wealth of knowledge there that will be missed. my condolences to his family, the muzzle loading fraternity has lost a great one.

Latest posts

Back