Tip Curtis

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

52Bore

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Sad note posted on the NMLRA site of the passing of Tip Curtis.
For those that never met him, you missed an opportunity- for those that have, cherish the moments.

Notchy Bob

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I'm very sorry to hear of it. Sincere condolences to Mr. Curtis' family and his many friends.

Notchy Bob

SDSmlf

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Tip was a great guy. Visited the Tip Curtis Frontier Shop a number of years ago, kind of a fantasy land if you were into muzzleloaders. He will be missed by the muzzleloading community. Condolences to his family.

Eterry

54 Cal.
Reaction score
His reputation in the black powder community is huge. I never had the pleasure of meeting him, but I've heard many stories. He will truly be missed. Wonder if the family will continue to keep the store going?

Brokennock

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Very sorry to read this news. I too feel like I missed out on something great, always having wanted to get to his shop and meet him, and get a rifle. I've heard so many great things about him, truly a sore loss to our little community.

smo

70 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
A very sad day in the muzzleloading world... We’ve lost another great one.

I was fortunate enough too have visited Mr. Tip at his shop in Cross Plains and at Friendship.

I had the pleasure of talking him on numerous occasions , in which it seemed as if I always came away learning something I didn’t know.
I wish I could have been around in his hey-day as a shooter, but at least I got too see the awards, ribbons, plaques and trophies and hear some of the stories..

RIP Mr. Tip ...you will be greatly missed.

My Condolences too the entire Curtis Family and Friends.

1942ADD1-1682-48DB-ACC9-05FBD6CDA5B8.jpeg

48B3EEBD-AA4C-4F5C-815C-271F79DE5F7B.png

Khulb

36 Cl.
Reaction score
I had the pleasure to meet Tip at his Frontier shop not to far from where I live.I purchased my first Muzzleloader from him,a .54 cal.
He was the type of man that you could listen to for hours. His vast knowledge was unbelievable and his willingness to share was second the none.I too was able to witnesses his collection of awards,pictures and targets he collected over the years. My only regret is that I wish that I had met him years ago.
A true Frontiersman that will surely be missed.
Prayers to the family as they navigate through this difficult time.
RIP Tipp.

t.willis

32 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Hated to hear about Tip's passing. My Condolences too the Curtis Family and Friends.

medicine_duck

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Very sad news indeed. Tip was a great man and held in high regard throughout our muzzleloading community. RIP Tip
My condolences to the Curtis family in this difficult time.

Mike New

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I’m very sorry to hear this. I live close to the shop and visited often. Mr. Curtis treated me very well and I truly enjoyed the conversations we had through the years. I will miss him.

Huntinshep

32 Cal.
Reaction score
So sorry to hear this. Purchased 3 guns from Tip in the last few years and had several phone conversations with him. He always had time to talk and offer advice. Rest in peace Tip.

Cowboy

58 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
From Cody Wyoming, now lives in Oakwood Illinois
Brakes my heart to hear of his passing. Was privileged to sit down with him on a couple of occasions.

He was very wise and a true gentleman. Owned three of his Muzzleloader’s and still have two.

He’ll be sorely missed.

Respectfully, Cowboy

Reactions: smo

MAC1967

32 Cal
Reaction score
He made very good rifles at very good prices . . . His passing leaves a huge hole in vender row at Friendship. I loved going in his "booth" (more like a big garage) there and looking around and talking with him. Never bought one of his rifles, wish I had now . . . bought other things there . . . he will be missed.

Reaction score
Sorry to hear of Mr. Curtis passing neat fellow I always made a stop at his venue when at Fort Frederick market faire a wealth of knowledge there that will be missed. my condolences to his family, the muzzle loading fraternity has lost a great one.