• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Tip Curtis SMR

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Critter Getter

45 Cal.
Reaction score
image_zpsgqr7lsgg.jpg
[/URL][/img] I went to visit Tip Curtis on Monday while heading towards Lexington for the CLA Show. Well as those who have visited his Frontier Shop know, it's way to tempting there with all of his beautiful rifles he has there!! This .32 caliber 42" Green Mountain barrel SMR was just too tempting for me to ignore and ended up following me to my car!! He had several others that I would love to own but limited myself to just one. Looking forward to squirrel season opening in a couple of weeks! Greg. :)
image_zpsfqlfrhrj.jpg

I love Tip's work, and that is one that I wouldn't have left there, either. Good luck with it.

Very nice :hatsoff: I was there a couple weeks back and a nice 16 guage fowler followed me home as well. :haha:

Thanks for the kind words about Tip and his guns. I looked at his fine Fowlers as well and was very tempted to go that route. This was my third trip there in the last 3 years and my wife wouldn't let me leave without buying one of his guns so I would quit talking about wanting one!! Greg :)

I have a wife similar to yours, God bless them, both! Mine was even good enough to allow me a couple siblings, courtesy of Tip.

I have been to Tip's shop once and was overwhelmed by what he had available. I thought his work was far superior to the other semi custom shops and the best part; no waiting period, pick out what you want and take it home with you.

Flintlock heaven;

Yes I agree that is a real plus to be able to handle many weapons to find which fits you best and then walk out the door with it!! The sad news is tho that Tip told me he is no longer taking orders for guns. He is building as many as he cares to build now because of word on the internet and he can't keep up with stocking his racks or trailers so no more calling him up and ordering what you want. He does however have a nice selection on hand so for most customers shouldn't be a problem. Greg. :)

It sounds like three of us have great Wives . Mine waited patiently for me to chat with Tip and handle several guns. The fowler was my second gun from Tip and I'm going back soon for a pistol in kit form. :thumbsup:

That is a beautiful rifle, congrats. I own one of Tip's flintlocks and I'm very happy with it. A bargain at twice the price.

The pics do no justice to how much curl this stock really has! I have paid quite a bit extra for this nice of wood from other suppliers and No extra "upgrade" fee from Tip. I believe it to be a great value and Tip is a super guy to do business with!! Greg. :)

Latest posts

Back