• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Tip Curtis .54 cal Flintlock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smo

70 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I went to see Tip the Saturday before Christmas and this followed me home. .54 cal 42" Colerain radius grooved barrel. Tip calls it his pre revolutionary style longrifle.

Answered my own question. I think it's a Davis Fusil lock that looks really good on that rifle. Let us know how she shoots!!

TinStar
Soli Deo Gloria!

thats shore nuff PURTY. I really like that dark stain and the curl in the wood is beautiful. Ya did big John :thumbsup: :hatsoff:

TinStar said:
Very nice!!

Do you know what make lock it is?

TinStar
Soli Deo Gloria!

I think it's an M&G Lock made for RE Davis. I am really impressed with the lock so far. It throws a shower of sparks, and has a smooth action. :thumbsup:

The first Tip Curis, rifle I saw I bought it. I can not describe, how perfect the metal fits the wood. I would recommend, a Tip Curtis, rifle to anyone, and I would buy another one, if I could. Probably, best that he's too far away, for me to see them.

Beautiful.....I got a Tip Curtis, Late Virginia, with Colerain barrel. Only problem, almost too nice to use. I've been shooting it for two years, and it is super accurate, and lock is the fastest, that I've owned.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. :thumbsup: I have shot 70 or 80 roundballs through the rifle so far. With 100 grns of ffg Goex right now it's hitting 3 to 4" low at a little over 70 steps (that's big boy steps) :wink: . I want to shoot another hundred or so shots before I take any more off the front sight. Now to lay away funds for the smoothie to match. :doh:

I second that! No matter how many years go by, it's just as much fun get'n a new gun as it always was. :haha: Congrats!! She's looking good!! Rick. :thumbsup:

Thanks again Guys The photos don't do her justice. And she's gonna be a shooter too it looks like. :grin: I'm sticking back funds now for that smoothbore :wink: :thumbsup: My wife says she wants me to have it......can't beat a woman like that. :thumbsup:

Great looking gun :thumbsup: I am very familar with Tip's toy shop. I barely got out of there without one of his smooth bores a couple of years ago. I would still like one, I might as well just go on up there and get it over with. Need to sell one first.

Back