• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Tingle gun parts

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Tingle gun parts....Where can I find some?
I Googled it and found nothing except pictures, pictures and more pictures.
Any help will be much appreciated.
I have come across this old fellow, a little on the rough side.
Internals are good but the under rib is damaged, frame and barrel are badly rusted and pitted ( on the outside only )
Thank you for looking.
Be safe and have a great day!

If it is a Tingle, I suspect parts will be very hard to find. Tingle quit building in the early 1970s I believe. Your best bet on the frame and barrel are to clean it up and use as is or refinish the originals. I personally would lean toward cleaning and using if it doesn't effect the operation and accuracy of the pistol. Depending on size and shape, Track of the Wolf may have underrib material.

Is that an original Tingle target pistol or the ASM - CVA reproduction of a Tingle?
Ohh noo! It is not an original. It is a San Marco reproduction, made in Italy.
But it has a good inner barrel, and a great trigger!
I will clean it up as best I can, and make a sleeper competitive shooter.
That will be fun!

Ohh noo! It is not an original. It is a San Marco reproduction, made in Italy.

The CVA model is often referred to as a Prospector pistol because of the engraving of the prospector panning a stream on the right side.
They were also imported by EMF for many years, being offered in their catalog from at least
1975 - 1988.
It had slightly different names in different catalogs including "Custom Deluxe Target .44", Target Percussion .44", "Deluxe Single Shot Target .44", and "Standard Model Target Percussion .44"
In their 1975 catalog and perhaps before, EMF only offered a plain case hardened frame without engraving which preceded the Deluxe Engraved models to come.

Which model do you have, is it engraved and if visible, what's the date code?

Last edited:
Back