• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Tingle copy.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodsbum

32 Cal
Reaction score
Just was gifted a Tingle Target Pistol, made by ASM in 1971.
Can't seem to find any load info for it.

Attachments

• IMG_20200618_184416274.jpg
    IMG_20200618_184416274.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 170
The load is whatever works for you. 3f will perform best. Anything over 30 grains is wasting powder. Your most accurate load will probably be in the 18 to 22 grain range. If the bore is good it should be a fantastic shooter. I picked one up a couple of years ago and haven't shot it yet but I have high expectations.

I agree. It's an in-line with very little if anything that is historical about it.

I suppose someone back in the day might have had a custom gun builder make a pistol that used the grips off of a Colt cap & ball revolver to make something like this gun but if they did, I've never heard of the pistol being discovered.

The Tingles were a well made series of pistols and traditional rifles made in the US. Initial Tingles were 40 caliber with a removable barrel to exchange a larger gauge smoothbore barrel. The pistol line was sold to Armi San Marco and they made the 44 caliber (0.433" or 0.437" ball) version. Very accurate. Mine was until the sights loosened and I haven't got the sights properly adjusted. Mine is stamped Palmetto.

The design of the Tingle includes a hammer stop so the hammer stops at the top of the cone and allows for dry fire practice. There is just enough clearance for the hammer to strike the cap but not hit the cone. My properly set up Tingle would only fire #11 magnum caps but would not fire #11s.

Last edited:
Apparently a popular enough design for Italian manufacturers to bootleg copies.
Mine is stamped "Hopkins & Allen" and I know that's BS
But she's a great shooter after I adjusted the design of the rear sight blade a bit
Prospector.JPG

I believe it's referred to as a 'Prospector' because of the etched designs on the receiver
A bear descending a rock bluff over a guy panning for gold
And a wagon train on the opposite side
Very nifty indeed

I purchased mine from Dixons back in 1990 used at a good price 🙂 . It shoots a .433" ball well if I do my part. I now find it a bit heavy for me to hold steady as I now have carpal tunnel😞.

Latest posts

Back