• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Time Management

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bisleyjohn

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Has anyone ever analysed the amount of time they spend on shooting matters as percentages?

i mean, reading about it, preparing for time on the range, casting, cleaning before and after, travelling to and from, waiting in line and then actual time pulling a trigger?

I have. Trigger time is about 2%!!!

i need a bigger back yard, about the size of Wyoming or something🤪

The cost of 70g Swiss, one round ball, a few dozen vacuum seal bags, some Jerky Seasoning and a smidge of electrified power. Oh, and disposable hand warmers, x2.
Ah Bob you are a lucky man. But that was likely just the incremental cost. There was the cost of the gun and all the bits that go with it as well as gas and vehicle. The cost of your time and so on and so forth.
Like a fisherman will likely never recoup the cost of the gear etcetera in fish. Most hunters will never recoup the cost of the gear etcetera with meat.
No doubt some will. I certainly won't and don't want to know the cost. Just let me enjoy the hunting experience.

Ah Bob you are a lucky man. But that was likely just the incremental cost. There was the cost of the gun and all the bits that go with it as well as gas and vehicle. The cost of your time and so on and so forth.
Like a fisherman will likely never recoup the cost of the gear etcetera in fish. Most hunters will never recoup the cost of the gear etcetera with meat.
No doubt some will. I certainly won't and don't want to know the cost. Just let me enjoy the hunting experience.

I hear ya. Deer season finds me getting up and walking out to a deer stand or blind here on the farm. Farthest one is a half mile away. Closest is 150 yards. I do feel lucky, except my mowing, weedeating etc, takes two full days. So there are peripheral costs no doubt.

What price can a guy put on staying sane.??? Many a day customers used to say to me ,"you must really enjoy your job?" I would reply, "no ,I only do it for the money." Actually I wanted to say, " I do it for extra money to go hunting and play w/ m/l's. Used to save up my lunch money to buy m/l parts. Never ending 12 hr. days , w/ plenty of windshield time had a benefit of allowing for thinking about the rifle you're building , shooting or want... Allowed for certain level of sanity few would understand..... oldwood

The time and money I spend with my hobby and with my kids and grandkids is not measured. It is my blessing and focus on life.
The time I spend doing everything else that allows me that blessing is the chore of life....

2% shooting? Naw!
I’m on the forum, I watch you tube vids on history and shooting, I read my kindle, and it’s all full of historic books and historic novels.
I pull my guns down and do maintenance, look on gun and historic equipment selling sites
Umph.00000000000002% might be high

I hear ya. Deer season finds me getting up and walking out to a deer stand or blind here on the farm. Farthest one is a half mile away. Closest is 150 yards. I do feel lucky, except my mowing, weedeating etc, takes two full days. So there are peripheral costs no doubt.

My tractor seat has caulouses.......

I can't be bothered with the mathematics of life. It is what it is, and it takes whatever time to do it. That's as far as I'm going to wrack my walnut over it.

I didn't use to spend so much time prepping but I know now I spend an awful lot of time doing just that. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see that I spend 2% time actually shooting.

Back